AIM-120 Updates?

JazonXD

Hi guys, I haven't been up to date with DCS for a long while, but have been always tagging along with the updates as much as I can.

Just wondering if the -120s ever got updated yet? I know the Sparrows got updated a few months ago with better flight model and guidance and it was also mentioned tat the AMRAAMs would also be overhauled. I tried searching around for newsletters but didn't find anything mentioning an update.

Thanks!

AMD 5600X -- Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision -- 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 -- HP Reverb G2 -- Logitech 3D Extreme Pro -- Thrustmaster TWCS

BRRRT!  Car and aviation enthusiast, gun nut and computer nerd! 🙂

I am not an expert, but I suppose that the real performances of a missile like the AIM-120 are secret and only those who work in the field can know the real characteristics. Yet many complain.

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S

I am not an expert, but I suppose that the real performances of a missile like the AIM-120 are secret and only those who work in the field can know the real characteristics. Yet many complain.

True but we can use CFD to get really close especially at low alpha numbers. Plus over the years bits and pieces leak out about how said system performs, let me link you to the missile mod thread:

But more importantly this doc which explains how they arrived at their results:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fl8D2n1YW1ANCybeL44G9ouq-xZ_ABiK/view?usp=sharing

Additionally you can play "that other flight sim" and just compare missiles between the two.

Edited by nighthawk2174

True but we can use CFD to get really close especially at low alpha numbers. Plus over the years bits and pieces leak out about how said system performs, let me link you to the missile mod thread:

But more importantly this doc which explains how they arrived at their results:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fl8D2n1YW1ANCybeL44G9ouq-xZ_ABiK/view?usp=sharing

Additionally you can play "that other flight sim" and just compare missiles between the two.

Thanks for the link..

PC: i7-13700K - MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X Trio - 32GB DDR5 6200 - VPC MongoosT-50CM3 - VKB GF pro - MFG Crosswind - Msi MPG321UR-QD + Acer XB271HU - TrackIR5 - Rift S