What does pre-purchase mean exactly?

imacken

60% bonus schem

I assume this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2017-08-11_60OffBonus/

does not apply to 'New' Normandy map even though the Maps link takes us to it?

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I assume this:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/news/2017-08-11_60OffBonus/

does not apply to 'New' Normandy map even though the Maps link takes us to it?

It should since the Normandy map lists a bonus dollar amount.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

It should since the Normandy map lists a bonus dollar amount.

Well, the bonus amount is what you get if you buy it. Previous posts confirmed that our bonuses cannot be used to buy 'New' products. The confusion here is that in announcing the 60% bonus deal ED provided a link to Maps including Normandy. That seems to conflict with the above statement.

Currently I can buy Normandy and WWII Assetts for $59.99. If the bonus deal does apply to Normandy I can get it for $44.99 - 60% = $18 plus WWII Assetts for $29.99 = $47.99. I am trying to save money for a second purchase of these for my server.

So I'd just like someone at ED to confirm that this bonus deal really does apply to the Normandy map.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

I can confirm some sort of the bonus deal certainly applies, as I used it two months ago to buy both the Normandy and the assets pack (so it's not about the map being "new", actually, I'm not sure it ever applied to strictly ED modules, as my buddies were also able to bonus-buy various "new" ED items right after their releases in the past), obviously I had to buy them separately to make it work.

Whether full 60% works now or not I do not know, but it's easy to check - just go to the shop and initiate purchase procedure, but only to the checkout page - there you'll see how much bonus you're allowed to spend on chosen item, then remove items from basket if you're not happy.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

hm, i´m confused a bit because my last time i puchased a module is half year ago and all my modules were payed by paypal with no problems.

today i put in ormandie in the basket and see as payment "sage pay" ....does it mean paypal too?

I have no other option anyway .

OK IT WORKED......thx

Edited by kubanloewe

WIN 10; i9-9900K@4,8GHz; Gigabyte Z390 Aorus;32GB Corsair DDR4 3600MHz; 2TB Samsung SSD; GeForce GTX1080 8GB Seahawk; 34" AW3418DW; MS FFB2 Stick

I can confirm some sort of the bonus deal certainly applies, as I used it two months ago to buy both the Normandy and the assets pack (so it's not about the map being "new", actually, I'm not sure it ever applied to strictly ED modules, as my buddies were also able to bonus-buy various "new" ED items right after their releases in the past), obviously I had to buy them separately to make it work.

Whether full 60% works now or not I do not know, but it's easy to check - just go to the shop and initiate purchase procedure, but only to the checkout page - there you'll see how much bonus you're allowed to spend on chosen item, then remove items from basket if you're not happy.

Well, it seems I am stuffed anyway. Yes, at the checkout I could use my bonus points. However I already have it on my Player account, this is for my server, a different account where I have no bonus points because I never had to purchase anything because I never actually fly on the server. Even playable a/c don't need to be bought for the server in order to run a mission with them in it so I don't need to buy the modules twice. We need something like this for server/map operation.

I can't buy Normandy on my 'Player' account and gift it to my 'Server' account because trading of modules is no longer allowed. So no matter what I do I will have to pay full price for the map just so that I can run Normandy missions on line for other people's benefit.

It's about time ED produced a non-Player dedicated server with the maps embedded in it for free and no mission editor or Player options. We can load into it missions that are created from a purchased Player account full version. That way the customer has to buy a full version to make missions and play but can run a server they do not need to pay for, after all we're already providing a second P.C.. If they want an online community to grow and increase their customer base they need to give us the means to make it happen without financial penalty.

I don't believe it can be technically difficult to strip DCS back to a server version which will run on a separate account anyway so there are no licensing risks. Leave multiplayer access, remove all other 'player/builder' options, remove the module installer and so on.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'