QFE.QNH alt adjustment knob

DaveRindner

I am finding that I am unable to 'zero' the altimeter in some fields in Georgia (1.5.7) and NTTR 2.1.1 , as knob can only be turned so much. Usually what I do is to zero it to 1000 ASL, and that is my hard floor (sitting on a tarmac) with engines turning.

Am I doing something wrong. I have no problem with altimeter setting in other modules (A-10C, UH-1H, Mig-21bis.).

Thank you

OK Thank you all. Kind of iffy, as F-5E lacks radarAlt. So when landing in IMC with low vis, pilot has to remember field elevation (ASL) and highest obstacle elevation on descend glide slope. Does not sound all that safe, for RL anyway.

QFE is nice becouse, lacking radrAlt, you have a quick glance alitude AGL.

I am cureious if real life F-5E's have radar altimeters for low level flight safety.

QFE is only used by very old glider pilots. All real aviators fly QNH. Yes, you have to remember filed elevation, but that's how it is in real life. Remember all airspace ceilings are also given in QFE. I'd rather be doing math just once - upon landing - rather than all the time while navigating through airspaces.