Notices

Old 11-17-2017, 10:43 PM   #61
Sideslip

Reputation power: 1
Sideslip is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
The part that reads "?t=127" needs to be changed to ?start=127

So, unfortunately, it's not a straight copy/paste. So inside the YT brackets, you'd have: R-EkSaw1Fqw?start=127
Odd. I tried that before after looking at your videos and tried again now and it doesn't seem to work.

This is what's there right now [YOUnotTUBE]8cSKl3PVJSM?start=127[/YOUTUBE]

EDIT: Never mind I figured it out. Even though I was deleting the first part of the link, the whole link was still there (as you can tell by being able to click on the above).

Last edited by Sideslip; 11-17-2017 at 11:05 PM.
Sideslip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 10:55 PM   #62
Sideslip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand View Post
..That being the case, whatever the landing light configuration is, it should be lighting the runway on its own well enough to allow the pilot to transition. What we now have doesn't even come close.

This calls into question both the alignment of the two large landing lights and whether or not the taxi light is also lit during landing. The LANDING position could simply turn on all lights, while the TAXI position leaves one (the smaller taxi light) lit with the other two extinguished. It may be that the two "landing" lights also need to be pulled a bit more toward center.

(Don't you love how I'm vacillating back and forth on this?)
The video from the SU-27 cockpit seemed to show pretty much exactly the same illumination as in game though, didn't look like any significant light was anywhere near the runway. Of course they were only landing a little after dark when it was still bright enough out and cameras are notoriously bad at capturing a dark scene as the human eye does.

I personally would be surprised if the taxi light was not on too because the only reason to have it off is if there is too high a load on the electrical system. For a plane with flight computers (does it have one), radar, lasers, HUD and other high power consumption devices, I would be astonished if it made any difference.

Unfortunately, all this back and fore arises when you can't just drive to the airport and power up an SU-27 to check. Nobody has a surplus one they aren't telling us about?

Last edited by Sideslip; 11-17-2017 at 11:03 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 11:43 PM   #63
probad

Reputation power: 9
probad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really niceprobad is just really nice

maybe if someone can ask on the russian side to see if theres a sme in the know on the particulars.
Old 11-18-2017, 12:26 AM   #64
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 78
Weta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhand
Judging from what I see here, I'd say they were set to focus on a point more or less directly ahead of the aircraft.
This still from your video is looking pretty much straight at the nose, and to me the lights don't seem to be symmetrical at all...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LLights.JPG
Views:	17
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	172369  
Old 11-18-2017, 03:46 AM   #65
Sideslip

But if they aren't symmetrical, they are absolutely not pointed left since the left light is far brighter in that shot from straight ahead. More likely they just aren't perfectly positioned. Maybe the right light was knocked and it is pointing somewhat down or doesn't deploy properly?

The only view of how the lights are actually pointed is that one updated SU-25 in the night flight video, and they are mostly symmetrical there. But since the right light in that one is also slightly pointed down, maybe that is the actual way they are designed? Maybe so one light is lighting more of the runway during the flare, and the other once the nose wheel is on the ground.
Old 11-18-2017, 11:36 AM   #66
Ironhand
Veteran

Reputation power: 41
Ironhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to allIronhand is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weta43 View Post
This still from your video is looking pretty much straight at the nose, and to me the lights don't seem to be symmetrical at all...
It a matter of seeing what you expect to see. So either the landing lights point to th eright in the Su-25 or one is pointing further ahead down the runway than the other. Wish I had these parked in my backyard so I could run out and check.

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 16GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.
Ironhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 11:22 PM   #67
Weta43
ED Testers Team

Reputation power: 78
Weta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to beholdWeta43 is a splendid one to behold

Me too...