EE Lightning: Why we need it!

Hummingbird

there are so many AC more interresting than this

Depends on whom you are asking, the only aircraft that would have caused me to hesitate slightly between the Lightning and the other, we already have in the shape of the F-14. So as we already have that then it is the Lightning hands down most interesting aircraft to have next.

Yeah, Yeah I know I'm biased, but the Lightning is still the one aircraft I most desire to have in DCS.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there are so many AC more interresting than this

I strongly & respectfully disagree.

Since the F-4E, F-8 & F-16 are all confirmed, the latter being near completion, I cannot think of a more interesting aircraft to have after these than the EE Lightning.

And I'm Danish btw, so no nationalistic bias here, I just recognize an awesome aircraft when I see (& study) it.

Since the F-4E, F-8 & F-16 are all confirmed, the latter being near completion, I cannot think of a more interesting aircraft to have after these than the EE Lightning.

How about the F-104? It was built in much larger numbers and was used in significantly more air forces than the rather exotic Lightning.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

How about the F-104? It was built in much larger numbers and was used in significantly more air forces than the rather exotic Lightning.

Absolutely would love an F104. One if the early ones with the downward ejection please.

I have a thing for manned missiles! F104, Mig 21, Lightning etc

Not related to your post norbot but I'm always puzzled by some people's hostility towards any suggestion for a module that is't one they personally like.

My attitude: if the data is available and a developer wants to do it it would be a welcome addition. If it's something a bit odd and flawed all the better.

Well like I said I recognize awesome aircraft, the F-104 was anything but awesome IMHO. Fast yes, but absolute rubbish in most other aspects. Worst aircraft Denmark ever deployed, and it didn't have a very charming reputation in Germany either.

Well like I said I recognize awesome aircraft, the F-104 was anything but awesome IMHO. Fast yes, but absolute rubbish in most other aspects. Worst aircraft Denmark ever deployed, and it didn't have a very charming reputation in Germany either.

The F-104 was based at our local airbase before they transitioned to F-16s, we even have a F-104 on the end of a pole stuck in the middle of a roundabout here.

I'm not adverse to having other aircraft and am quite looking forward to seeing the F-16 in game even though it is a different model than the ones that routinely disturb my mornings ;)

There was one team doing a F-104 module for DCS but they stopped a while back.

Still, I would love nothing better than a Lightning, preferably one of the export models with the ground attack capability as well as the air to air.

Now, I must transfer my VHS LPG videos to digital, they have been gathering dust in the cellar for too long :)

Clan Cameron

The F-104 was based at our local airbase before they transitioned to F-16s, we even have a F-104 on the end of a pole stuck in the middle of a roundabout here.

I'm not adverse to having other aircraft and am quite looking forward to seeing the F-16 in game even though it is a different model than the ones that routinely disturb my mornings ;)

There was one team doing a F-104 module for DCS but they stopped a while back.

Still, I would love nothing better than a Lightning, preferably one of the export models with the ground attack capability as well as the air to air.

Now, I must transfer my VHS LPG videos to digital, they have been gathering dust in the cellar for too long :)

Yeah we also have several sitting on top of poles here in Denmark as well as a few Drakens (an aircraft which could be fun to have in DCS too), including one right next to a roundabout outside the airbase in Aalborg :)

The EE Lightning is for sure also the jet module I want to see the most in DCS of those which haven't yet been confirmed.

A big dream is to at some point be dogfighting MiG-21 & MiG-19's in a DCS EE Lightning module :pilotfly:

Edited by Hummingbird

Yeah we also have several sitting on top of poles here in Denmark as well as a few Drakens (an aircraft which could be fun to have in DCS too), including one right next to a roundabout outside the airbase in Aalborg :)

The EE Lightning is for sure also the jet module I want to see the most in DCS of those which haven't yet been confirmed.

A big dream is to at some point be dogfighting MiG-21 & MiG-19's in a DCS EE Lightning module :pilotfly:

I do too want to try the Lightning against a host of other aircraft, and hoping the flight manages to last more than one pass before the Lightning has to tank :D

It's bad here tonight, normally I would be at the sunset airshow but my grandson wanted to go on Sunday instead, all these aircraft flying over my house going from Kleine Brogel to Sanicole Seen a B17, the Swiss F5 display team - hang one was even doing a swiss roll climbing away from K-B airbase :)

Clan Cameron

• 2 weeks later...

After watching a few videos about the Lightning and having read some articles about it, I can only say - a very extraordinary aircraft. It would be nice to be able to fly her one day in DCS. :thumbup:

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack