Following the "Flight Director" to land

Fighting Falcon....

re-doing the video

I see you're redoing the video. Wanted to mention that, if the last waypoint is a landing waypoint, that's the airfield number you'll see on the HUD regardless of where you are in the flight. You won't have to cycle to it. That only occurs if 1) you change where you want to land during the flight or 2) there's no designated landing airfield in the first place (no landing waypoint).

3. When I select an airport and request inbound and they give me the heading and the distance, should that distance they give me be the same as the distance that comes up in my HUD when I select to RTN to that airport? In other words, can I match these numbers up to make sure im actually waypointed to the airport that I just contacted?...

Yes, they match up with the IAF (the point where the top of the glide slope starts) except that the distance they give you will be rounded to the nearest "5", while your onboard reading will be more exact.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

As far as the 90's Su-27 guy, he would be talking to GCI with all kinds of intel as to the locations and types of other aircraft. The F10 map with "fog of war" setting seems to simulate this kind of intel.

I know. There are AWACS and DataLink in SP at least. F10 feels like I would held a tablet totally killing my immersion. For each their own. :thumbup:

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Yeah I did a better video. The first one had so many mistakes...lol It was so embarrassing after I watched it.

Yeah Draconis I probably agree with you more than it appeared from my post. no worries man. we need to fly together.

Did anyone notice in the video that I took off with brakes locked? I didn't do that on this one. It's uploading now.

On the last waypoint, I did NOT designate it as a landing waypoint. But it was located over an airport. In the uploading video you will see the system automatically choose RTN mode and the correct airport on it's own. I thought the waypoint had to be designated as a landing waypoint for that. Learn something every day. I guess it chooses the nearest airport after the last fix?

Edited by Zeagle

On the last waypoint, I did NOT designate it as a landing waypoint. But it was located over an airport. In the uploading video you will see the system automatically choose RTN mode and the correct airport on it's own. I thought the waypoint had to be designated as a landing waypoint for that. Learn something every day. I guess it chooses the nearest airport after the last fix?

Are you sure about that? That's not been my experience...as recently as of 10 minutes ago. On my end, whether it's over a runway or not, the airfield number sits on "1" until I cycle to the one I want unless it's set as the landing WP.

Edited by Ironhand
grammer police

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Yeah you're right. I made a change to the mission and made that point a "landing" point. Yet another mistake on my end. So it was as they say "working as designed".

Anyway I hope you check out the video when it uploads. I will post a link here.

Thanks for all the knowledge sharing guys, as always much appreciated! Some real talent in this thread. Looking forward to watching your video Zeagle, remember to share the link with us.

//Flaming Cliffs 3 / T16000 HOTAS / TrackIR 5 / i7 4770k@4.5GHZ / EVGA RTX 2070 / 32GB 1600MHZ RAM/ Samsung Evo 1TB SSD//

Here is a short IFR flight in the Su-25T demonstrating the autopilot route -following and RTN modes. hope it helps someone.

https://youtu.be/gFvKIOS40ZY

Enjoyed this one, too. Well done.

_____

Thank you sir! And this coming from a guy who hunts Shilkas with a Christen Eagle. I am not worthy...

:) Ahh...you saw that, huh? A guy's gotta have fun. And you most definitely are worthy.

_____