Viggen: Where we at?

Bagpipe

Hi folks, apologies if this has already been asked/answered (please share a link if so) but could we get an up to date list of upcoming fixes/improvements to the Viggen?

My main concerns are the lack of pilot model and the mirrors. Seems the mirrors have become even worse recently though i have just upgraded to a larger 1440p monitor so may just be noticing the blocks more.

I believe it could use a bit of optimization here and there too as it seems awfully FPS intensive for what it is. I mean the DCS Hornet uses less juice than this thing.

I really want to buy the Tomcat but until i see the Viggen at the correct stage i am reluctant to put my hand in my pocket.

A lot of stuff is either broken or unfinished on the Viggen currently. No real words from the dev. other than "we are working on it".

Yeah, progress has pretty much stopped and Heatblur got pretty silent on the Viggen forum. IronMike is doing a great job staying in touch with the community on the Tomcat side, but on the Viggen side Heatblur has become pretty silent, apart from RagnarDar popping up now and then :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Some bugs unfinished I see:

1. Bomb wind correction not modeled

2. Wind correction backwards for bk90

3. No full campaign

4. Spa mode has several bugs (can't select m points for display for instance)

However, the Viggen can perform all its missions. I can't speak for the warbirds, but aside from the ka50 and a10 it's probably the most complete module in my opinion.

I'm sure there's way more that needs to be done that people can add, but those are my hot list

It is flyable and usable, yes. It's just all those things that they "promised" more than a year ago that are missing, like the Draken AI, in cockpit pilot model, Ram Air Turbine, new sounds and various fixes/improvements to both the cockpit and the various systems. The bug reporting section of this sub-forum is full.

Not to mention the glaringly obvious visual problems when the aircraft loses wings which has still to be fixed. Sorry, but if a module has an exhaustive list of issues then it is in no way near completion in my book and if somebody sells me a product with a written statement of intent to improve during the course of its lifetime i would expect them to come through on their word.

Or am i expecting WAY too much??

The lack of replying to bug reports from Heatblur i feel is cause for serious concern and i would expect ED to address this with the 3rd party developer as ultimately it is affecting them

This module is in silence for about 1 year. And players' hearts are getting colder. Is this going to happen on f14 several years later?

An unfinished mod,

a dead forum,

a cold heart.

Well, the F-14 has a much bigger fanbase than the Viggen... :(

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thx Noïser^^

Eaglebow

:D:smilewink:

This module is in silence for about 1 year. And players' hearts are getting colder. Is this going to happen on f14 several years later?

An unfinished mod,

a dead forum,

a cold heart.

Heatblur react quickly when there is a big issue with the viggen but yes I am agree that there is no more news since few months !!!

Thanks so much Cobra. Your post, if it was only a dot, would enough to push me higher.

It's good to know you're around here.

Thanks.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Don't fret. We know we're behind schedule publicly; but this aircraft will have a significant update and be out of EA this year. Have faith.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/26ufhmF1KaqUYVbuo/giphy.gif

Honestly Im losing faith.

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

Thanks so much Cobra. Your post, if it was only a dot, would enough to push me higher.

It's good to know you're around here.

Thanks.

Haven't you heard, everything is subject to change?

(seriously, you shouldn't put too much into a Cobra statement)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

THanks Cobra, it doesn't really take too much to bring Viggen to perfection, there are maybe a couple of relevant bugs to be polished (yeah excessive-climb-rate-and-acceleration-at-high-level, I'm looking at you) and some secondary content (RAT!) but should be easy for you to fix!

Don't fret. We know we're behind schedule publicly; but this aircraft will have a significant update and be out of EA this year. Have faith.

I'm trying to.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Well, he said that a year ago as well... 2018 were to be the "year of Viggen content" so if history has anything to say about it I wouldn't hold my breath... :cry:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Well, he said that a year ago as well... 2018 were to be the "year of Viggen content" so if history has anything to say about it I wouldn't hold my breath... cry.gif

Maybe he ment producing it, not delivering?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4040652&postcount=1550

First line ... "expected this year".

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1