Su.27 data link

UWBuRn

Any new information about the Data link fix for the SU-27?

Is it actually a bug, or is it disabled to let the Eagle pilots keep the air supremacy and situational awareness

I can't imagine it being a bug, given that it's present and working in SP missions. Just a wild guess, but maybe it hasn't been modelled yet for MP missions due to some net code issue. It'd be great to have in MP missions, given that it's both realistic for the modelled Su-27 and would help with SA for Flanker pilots, something that's often difficult at best with the old SPO-15.

Slightly off topic, but the old SPO-15 makes me laugh - some design bureau like Tupolev could design a Mach 15 space bomber with completely computerised controls, designed to fly at 150,000 feet, and there'd still be a SPO-15 stuffed in to some corner of the cockpit :lol:

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Another Su-27 thread opened and turned into other thing.

Flanker datalink? Yes its a device called Link 16 mounted on most NATO planes.

Thanks.

True. Please can a moderator clean the thread of the F-15 off-topics posts. We can't talk about the Su-27 quiet in this forum.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is that the datalink only works on aircraft in the same flight, and that is only possible with AI aircraft at the moment. Currently, a flight can only have one human pilot in it.

Good point - I wonder if the data link works in a similar way to the one on the Ka-50 in that you have to set your 'position' in the flight, i.e. lead, 2, 3 or 4. As the Flanker doesn't have a clicky cockpit that would be additional key commands etc. that would have to be created.

I've not yet flown as a wingman with an AI Su-27 as lead. Under those conditions does the link still function as normal?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

It´s relatively simple.

In the right console the pilot has the Datalink and target distribution control panel.

At the top of the console there are two rotary selectors:

1.- Wing Commander - Flight Leader - Flight Wingman

The first position is for the Commander of a Wing with more than 1 flights ( think in two flights of 4 fighters ), the second position is for the flight leader of a unique flight ( A flight of 4 fighters for example ), ad the third position is for any wingman of any flight.

2.- Pair 1 - Pair 2 - Flight Group - OFF

In this rotary the pilots of a two fighter flight can choose between Number 1 in a pair, Number 2 in a pair. Also in a flight of more than two fighters the Flight leader will choose the Flight Group position and Flight Leader in the first rotary and the wingmen will choose the Flight Group and Wingman position in the first rotary.

With the same logic a pair of fighters will choose Flight leader Pair 1 and the other Wingman and Pair 2.

Below there are a number of buttons from 1 to 10. Those are target numbers distribution for exchange targets to other fighters in the flight or in the wing.

Simply the pilot must press the button with the target´s number in the upper row and then the button with the wingman´s number in a flight or the Flight leader in a Wing formed with more than 1 flight in the bottom row to send the target at this pilot.

When the pilot send a target to a Wing commander or to a Flight leader he must press also the buttón GR in russian and then send. When the pilot send a target inside his own flight he don´t need to press the buttón GR, only the button send.

xFttvPk.jpg

• Thanks 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

It´s relatively simple.

In the right console the pilot has the Datalink and target distribution control panel.

At the top of the console there are two rotary selectors:

1.- Wing Commander - Flight Leader - Flight Wingman

The first position is for the Commander of a Wing with more than 1 flights ( think in two flights of 4 fighters ), the second position is for the flight leader of a unique flight ( A flight of 4 fighters for example ), ad the third position is for any wingman of any flight.

2.- Pair 1 - Pair 2 - Flight Group - OFF

In this rotary the pilots of a two fighter flight can choose between Number 1 in a pair, Number 2 in a pair. Also in a flight of more than two fighters the Flight leader will choose the Flight Group position and Flight Leader in the first rotary and the wingmen will choose the Flight Group and Wingman position in the first rotary.

With the same logic a pair of fighters will choose Flight leader Pair 1 and the other Wingman and Pair 2.

Below there are a number of buttons from 1 to 10. Those are target numbers distribution for exchange targets to other fighters in the flight or in the wing.

Simply the pilot must press the button with the target´s number in the upper row and then the button with the wingman´s number in a flight or the Flight leader in a Wing formed with more than 1 flight in the bottom row to send the target at this pilot.

When the pilot send a target to a Wing commander or to a Flight leader he must press also the buttón GR in russian and then send. When the pilot send a target inside his own flight he don´t need to press the buttón GR, only the button send.

Excellent info, thanks very much for posting that! Now, if only we had DCS: Su-27...

The problem is that the datalink only works on aircraft in the same flight, and that is only possible with AI aircraft at the moment. Currently, a flight can only have one human pilot in it.

Actually you can do it right now, but it still doesn't work in MP.

They are only pitot and AoA heaters.

The first one is the reserve pitot heater for the absolute pressure pitot. The second one is the heater for the AoA sensor in both sides of the Su-27 nose.

On the right side the switch BCK- 101 is the built-in test for the Weapons Control Panel or SUB.

The other switch with three positions AUTO-OFF-MANUAL is the built-in photoregister of the combat and training actions on the Su-27, like a combat camera, that records several parameters and information about flight parameters, HUD register, MFD register, etc.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

• 3 years later...

Where is the fix?

I cant fly without this, i will definitely drop off from DCS

Another year without fix, what a shame

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 4GB, FX 8350 4.0 Ghz ( Cooled by Custom Cooler ), 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz , ASUS M5A97 R2.0, x1 240gb ssd (Windows) x1 120gb ssd (DCS World) x1 500gb hd, Thustmaster T Flight X, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals

• 1 month later...

System Specs:

Windows 10 Pro x64, NVidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 Gaming 4GB, FX 8350 4.0 Ghz ( Cooled by Custom Cooler ), 8GB DDR3 1600 Mhz , ASUS M5A97 R2.0, x1 240gb ssd (Windows) x1 120gb ssd (DCS World) x1 500gb hd, Thustmaster T Flight X, CH Pro Throttle and CH Pro Pedals

Where is the fix?

I cant fly without this, i will definitely drop off from DCS

really? .. you would quit the Sim just because of this bug? amazing :noexpression:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Already did this. Time to time i back here hoping for a fix

I am 2 years without buying any new module, I love the Su-27 and I am not comfortable playing this simulator without this fix.

I don't feel safe buying modules (in my country they are extremely expensive) because I don't know if they will be properly finalized.

System Specs: