Tension in the Baltic between a Spanish F18 and 2 Russian Sukhoi 27

jopasaps

Moscow claims its fighter jets halted a NATO war plane that was getting too close to its defence minister's aircraft over the Baltic Sea today.

A NATO F-18 fighter tried to approach Sergei Shoigu's jet over international waters before being 'forced away' by two Russian Su-27s, Kremlin news agency TASS reported.

News source

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7352697/amp/Moscow-claims-jets-stopped-NATO-fighter-trying-approach-defence-ministers-aircraft.html

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vista, Suerte y al TORO !!

boys will be boys

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Boys will be boys

Except it's not someone joy-riding in their Dad's Fiat that they've snuck out without their parents' knowing - it's an official multi million dollar aircraft from a State's military, armed with A2A missiles, that can only be there because it was instructed to be there (by NATO ?).

Can you imagine the reaction in the West if an armed Su-35 flew out to intercept an aircraft carrying the US secretary for defence, and in international airspace approached within a few metres ?

You wouldn't need to look on the E.D. forums for the news :-)

Cheers.

that was international airspace and there are rules to be followed. If they are followed then it is nobody's business to criticize.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

I didn't criticise, I asked what the reaction would be if ...

"Russian fighter aircraft approach within metres of the US Secretary of Defence's aircraft over the Atlantic !"

… it wouldn't be three sentences at the bottom of a page (or nothing at all on most English speaking media)

Cheers.

The best of this video is the incredible maneouver high yo-yo of the EF-18, and see how the Meteor missiles was adapted to that EF18. I thought only Eurofighter Typhoon could transport them...

This EF18 only act as airborne police in the Baltic, and the su27 were intercepted by carrying the transponders off like always in the last times...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vista, Suerte y al TORO !!

The best of this video is the incredible maneouver high yo-yo of the EF-18, and see how the Meteor missiles was adapted to that EF18. I thought only Eurofighter Typhoon could transport them...

This EF18 only act as airborne police in the Baltic, and the su27 were intercepted by carrying the transponders off like always in the last times...

They are not Meteor missiles but IRIS-T.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Eurofighter Typhoon, Rafale, Gripen. It’s a multinational missile program :smilewink:

Indeed not available on Hornet.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I believe that is exactly how it would play out. The "intruders" would be dealt with, and both sides wouldn't acknowledge it.

That's a very interesting viewpoint / expectation.

Can I imagine that the US might be more robust in their military response were Russia to perform a similar move - certainly...

Can I imagine that it would stay out of the press - not at all.

Certain elements of the US administration might be happy if that were to happen, but I can't see it not leaking to the press, and there's a lot of banner headline & indignation to be generated from "Russian Fighters recklessly approach Western Aircraft".

You've only got to look at the hyperbole that's written every time a Chinese aircraft approaches one of those poor defenceless P-8 Poseidons while they're minding their own business over the China seas...

Cheers.

the Russians are surrounded on the west side with bases born in Europe on the south side with bases born in India on the east side with bases born in Japan.

the strong points of Russia are the bases in the north and the supremacy in the Arctic territory.

Putin preferred to strengthen the bases north of Russia rather than increase defenses on the border with Europe.

as for space, I don't know, I have little information on Russian space defense.