[NO BUG]Waypoint elevation used for TGP mark point

NastyFruit

Hi, I found a issue recently where my gbu-12's were overshooting my targets very far, not even seeing the laser. After reaching page 5 of the bugs, I found this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=247779&page=2

It perfectly describes the issue, is marked as "reported" but is closed?

Any status update on it? Also not sure why it would be closed before its resolved.

Apologies if I missed further discussions on it elsewhere.

Kind regards

• ED Team

Hi

A fix was included in the last update.

If you are still seeing an issue post a short track showing the problem and we will take a look

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi

A fix was included in the last update.

If you are still seeing an issue post a short track showing the problem and we will take a look

thanks

Thanks, will do, as I think I am still seeing the same behavior with gbu-12's, have not tried others. Will check and make a track, thanks.

Kind regards

Here is a track and a mission file showing the issue. I have:

Placed F/A-18 with TGP a few miles from airfield.

One tank on airfield

F/A-18 has 5 waypoints just in front of it, at varying heights

When the mission starts, I activate active pause

Slew the TGP to the tank.

Select GBUs, select A/G

Designate a point with the TGP. The TTL then shows fifty something seconds to release point.

I then scroll through the waypoints and you can see the TTL change as I select the waypoints with higher altitudes. If I were to release one with the higher time, it overshoots the target.

Please let me know if I am doing something stupid.

Attaching the mission as well, hope it helps.

Kind regards

TGP WPT Alt Influence.trk

TGP WP Alt Test.miz

Edited by NastyFruit
More detail

• ED Team

Hi NastyFruit

Thanks for the track, it all looks ok for me, when you are changing the waypoints TTI remains at 59 for me for all waypoints.

Can you ensure your DCS is up to date, run a cleanup and repair or if steam verify game cache in properties.

Attach your dcs.log also it may help us understand what is going on.

Not sure why you are seeing it to be honest.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi NastyFruit

Thanks for the track, it all looks ok for me, when you are changing the waypoints TTI remains at 59 for me for all waypoints.

Can you ensure your DCS is up to date, run a cleanup and repair or if steam verify game cache in properties.

Attach your dcs.log also it may help us understand what is going on.

Not sure why you are seeing it to be honest.

Thank you, I ran a repair can clean and update now, looks like it found a 500mb update that its now downloading..

Sorry for the trouble then, I am sure it'll be resolved.

Kind regards

• ED Team
Thank you, I ran a repair can clean and update now, looks like it found a 500mb update that its now downloading..

Sorry for the trouble then, I am sure it'll be resolved.

Kind regards

No problem, hopefully it makes your bombing runs much easier and more accurate :)