I hate misleading posts

Ramstein

Some people make a post with a misleading headline that sounds like that in fact so and so is and needs this or that, when in fact they are hoping or dreaming for whatever they are posting about. So, the headline they posted is false and worded wrong, like they are stating a fact, when really they are just asking for something that do not exist. So, we end up finding something out that was falsely misleading and stated as fact, but really doesn't exist and maybe never will and dream and wish was stated as fact. I find that very, very annoying. :huh:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Guess I've gotten used to that... but I know what you mean. Often times people omit the simplest grammar options such as a question mark (which makes it sound like a fact when omitted) which would make the thread title more clear.

Anyway, you can mouse-hover over the thread title and it will show you the first few lines of the message so you can decided whether to read it or not. :)

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ha! Just like in the news headlines! Just check any daily paper to see this, let alone mobile news apps!

I think some of this is also due to English language skills in many cases.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

The header should be to point. Short and defining.

And then no top-posting replies, no replies with long quote and just couple words as own reply.

And preferred thing is to quote with sources, so if meaning something specific in the thread, link to that specific post instead telling "as mentioned earlier in this thread" and then especially linking to other threads.

And no, page number doesn't help, as people have different number of posts at page, so some see 53 page thread while others can see 15 page thread. Clicking the post number in the post right corner gives direct link to that post. Ready and effective. Same way as automatically quoting someone will add link to that post.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Anyway, you can mouse-hover over the thread title and it will show you the first few lines of the message so you can decided whether to read it or not. :)

That should be not needed. The title should tell that in 3-5 words what it is about.

The etiquette of written communication is that writer makes it easier for reader to read and understand. Not so that one writer makes tens, if not hundreds of readers to hover link with mouse, click link to notice it is not what it says etc.

And all titles like "I need help!!!!!" Are useless as it doesn't even courage anyone to help as they don't know what it is about. So title like "How I get Harpoon fly to target using waypoint?".

The same thing is with all the generalist threads like "Black Shark 3" that grows to hundreds of posts long and takes months worth of discussions that covers all possible topics. Better is to have dedicated threads for specific topics, like "Black Shark 3's new cockpit switches and buttons functions?" or "Black Shark 3's new flight modeling".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• ED Team

We try to discourage misleading title posts,

If you see one report it, we can always change the title if needed.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

You can fight it, but you cannot win that fight and come to a rest.

You either have the energy for a while..or you don't.

Look around you, how many people do you meet and greet daily that have a sub-zero IQ, no morals, no intellect, no backbone, lie & steal without thinking about it...etc etc...

How many want pre-chewed answers so it fits their brain, but lemme tell you, you can pre-chew as much as you possibly can and they still cannot get it, cuz they never wanted to 1st place.

We live in a "wanna pay nothin' but want it all era"

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

it was better back when the unqualified could be directly told so

but now we have to play the whole be nice game and go about in in the most roundabout ways for the same end result

its all so tiresome

You have to be polite here in DCS Forum, sure, who wants a ban.

In my RL, I more or less follow this:

I'm a grumpy old man I'm too old fight too slow to run I'll just shoot you and be done with it.

I dont shoot but I only wanna come once and be done with it.

need this shirt asap: https://www.google.com/search?q=i+am+too+old+to+fight,+to+..&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=fwsOJyW0vX7o5M%253A%252CfphvPAY-WCFOuM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kQxxj1eJTMNQqa_dCkDPD84hFsLDw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjW9PKIrrrkAhVH16QKHUT3AUAQ9QEwAHoECAEQBg#imgrc=fwsOJyW0vX7o5M:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

yeah but can't you see how hurt feelings is something that is literally a matter of abuse today? because people know they can just flop on the ground and rack up a tantrum about how they're feeling hurt and bad they can hold everyone else hostage and have their demands met

now you get a contest to see who can cry louder, and misleading and sensationalist titles is a manifestation of this attention-seeking competition.

in the end appeasement only begets more appeasement

i guess the lesson will never get learned because doing the right thing is always hard and painful

I think you have to respect those who try to write your language using google translator.

the Italian way of thinking and expressing is completely different from the English as well as the way of expressing oneself in German and completely different from the English one.

For my part, education and respect for DCS programmers and all the staff is there, I respect you all and you are very good.

Some people make a post with a misleading headline that sounds like that in fact so and so is and needs this or that, when in fact they are hoping or dreaming for whatever they are posting about. So, the headline they posted is false and worded wrong, like they are stating a fact, when really they are just asking for something that do not exist. So, we end up finding something out that was falsely misleading and stated as fact, but really doesn't exist and maybe never will and dream and wish was stated as fact. I find that very, very annoying. :huh:

you don't have to hate you have to love.

if you have a problem, tell him who you think is responding badly.

communication solves every problem

no because understandings can only be internalized through experiences

there's a pretty big gap between knowing and understanding

I have no knowledge of a programmer but I have the knowledge of a simmers.

I know that it is difficult for a programmer to program certain things, but if he tells me it is not possible to do what you ask, I say ok it's ok.

not all desires can be realized but in any case you have to express your wishes otherwise you wouldn't see them.

Some people make a post with a misleading headline that sounds like that in fact so and so is and needs this or that, when in fact they are hoping or dreaming for whatever they are posting about ... I find that very, very annoying. :huh:

+1

.. tough it's usually easy to avoid such threads, as they generally are on the "wishlist" forum:

mLVGrKj.jpg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

excellent !

Haha, love it