F18/c turn off/lower Altitude warning

TheTrooper

After doing lots of low level flying, the low altitude beeps are getting on my tits now. Any way I can do something about it?

-----------------------------------------------

Intel® Core™i7 Quad Core Processor i7-6700 (3.4GHz) 8MB Cache | 32GB HyperX FURY DDR4 2133MHz | MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR 8G |SSD 1TB 970 EVO Plus M.2

Yep . Adjust the radar altitude warning via the knob on the gauge at your right knee . You can see the needle move as you adjust the knob . Default is 500' , i set mine to 100 .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Or you can change the altitude warning through HSI - Data - A/C - Alt warnings (BAlt + RAlt). Default BAlt is 5000.

Or, turn off Terrain Avoidance Warning System (TAWS). Same place as the Alt warnings if I recall correctly.

Or you can change the altitude warning through HSI - Data - A/C - Alt warnings (BAlt + RAlt). Default BAlt is 5000.

Or, turn off Terrain Avoidance Warning System (TAWS). Same place as the Alt warnings if I recall correctly.

he's not meant "altitute, altitute" warning. There is a annoying sound when you fly below certain radar altitute and it screams constantly.

he's not meant "altitute, altitute" warning. There is a annoying sound when you fly below certain radar altitute and it screams constantly.

That's set through the dial on the radar altimeter, next to the pilot's right knee.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

u cant completely turn it off

What if you turn the dial until the set arrow goes to zero? Anyway, you can set it to 10ft. If you fly below that, you can rest assured that the RadAlt warning sound will be drowned by a much louder sound.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

I know. Consider it additional information then. :)

Edited by dawgie79

What if you turn the dial until the set arrow goes to zero?

Exactly that. This completely shuts off the RA warning (and that's about the first thing I do when entering the cockpit)

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

Here's a quick cautionary tale for those looking to turn off the radalt.

The radalt warning only prevents you from flying unintentionally into the ground. If you are flying intentionally low you should look out of the big window and of course turn this nuisance warning off.

I've once even hit a deer during a low flying exercise :(

i7-7700K 4.2GHz, 16GB, GTX 1070 

The radalt warning only prevents you from flying unintentionally into the ground. If you are flying intentionally low you should look out of the big window and of course turn this nuisance warning off.

I've once even hit a deer during a low flying exercise :(

A deer?