Full 8min align, quick option in special tab?

CoBlue

Does Jester use stored heading alignments?

Turns out he does if the server is set up for them.

This works fine and eliminates the 8 minutes you would normally have to sit there in alignment jail with nothing to do.

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those who object to having the option of a fast alignment because its not realistic, I propose a mod: if you eject in game, you're barred from flying DCS for at least a few days, possibly several weeks if your virtual pilot broke any limbs; and if you get killed in the game, all your DCS licenses are permanently revoked. Compared to actually dying, thats surely a pretty minor consequence, but at least its slightly more "realistic" than having a refly option?

To those who object to having the option of a fast alignment because its not realistic, I propose a mod: if you eject in game, you're barred from flying DCS for at least a few days, possibly several weeks if your virtual pilot broke any limbs; and if you get killed in the game, all your DCS licenses are permanently revoked. Compared to actually dying, thats surely a pretty minor consequence, but at least its slightly more "realistic" than having a refly option?

Game simulates any pilot in any available aircraft so... no :)

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

:thumbup::megalol:

I agree. Air quake sucks. Let people align

Yup.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Couple notes, although Naquaii already commented on our reason on the first page of this thread:

We did discuss whether we would include a quick align special option or not, because ultimately we believe that the choice should always be with the player, sim or not, game or not: it is important that everyone has fun according to their own wishes. Hence I would kindly like to ask: please do not try to force your own idea of fun onto others, as no one should force it onto you.

The reason why we decided against it, is because we think it is unnecessary, since as mentioned numerous times in this thread, the STORED HEADING ALIGNMENT allows you to align within 2 minutes, which is about the time you will need minimum to start the front pit anyway.

Jester does SHA automatically, but it has to be set by the mission creator. As you might have noticed, most of our missions offer hot starts, because we are aware that the large base of SP players are in ther mid 30s or 40s where work, children and real life obligations do not allow for very lenghty sessions. In any way we think it is best to be considerate towards the "weakest link" in the chain, if I may use this not entirely fitting comparison, I think you all can catch my drift. We also think that it is best to be left to server hosts to decide whether they would like to include this option or not, as we know that the variety of servers by now is big enough, so that everyone can pick one to their liking.

I strongly recommend to use Stored Heading Alignment if you would like to save time, which ultimately is a fair request.

On a sidenote: the term airquake has been very much perverted and is being used wrong, if I may add this personal opinion of mine: airquake used to describe servers that place aircraft on opposing airfields within some tens of miles to provide a quick battle, not including any elaborate mission scenarios, side missions etc etc. Anything beyond that has little to do with airquake and the level of simulation preferred by some should not be branded perogatively by those who strive for a higher level of simulation in my personal opinion. Just because some servers focus more on PvP than others, it does not make them more or less airquake. And in no way this is appicable to single player game play. Optional levels of simulations is a very good thing, guys, because please do not forget: we are a small community, and options help us grow the community and help new players transition into higher levels of sim fidelity easier. Without this, we could not grow.

Best regards, IronMike

Edited by IronMike

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/