Fuel Tanks

frodrigues2016

Hi to all...i would like to see the F-16 with smaller fuel tanks too has has the albatroz since in every picture i see about the F-16 and others there are only huge fuel tanks that i think its bad for plane performance.:pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

USAF F-16 uses 370 gallon tanks for the wings, and 300 gallon tank for the centerline. There are no other options.

Foreign operators have 600 gallon tanks.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

USAF F-16 uses 370 gallon tanks for the wings, and 300 gallon tank for the centerline. There are no other options.

Foreign operators have 600 gallon tanks.

I am not talking about USAF only.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

---- " In Peace.....Prepare to War "--------

Wishlist : F-4 Phantom / F-20 TigerShark / Su-34

Processor Core i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, 2 Tb SSHD, GTX 750 2Gb, 1920X1080 Gaming Monitor, Senze Joypad, Windows 8.1 Pro 64Bit, VMware Workstation 12 for WindowsXP with Office 2007 and Linux OpenSUSE for Net Access.

Our F-16 will only receive USAF/ANG operated equipment.

We will be taking great care though to develop a very accurate simulation of the F-16C Block 50 operated by the United States Air Force and Air National Guard circa 2007.

As for those tanks, drop em when you go into combat! You'll still have 6900lbs of internal fuel, enough to complete most missions and RTB or hit the tanker.

Check my F-15C guide

Hi to all...i would like to see the F-16 with smaller fuel tanks too has has the albatroz since in every picture i see about the F-16 and others there are only huge fuel tanks that i think its bad for plane performance.:pilotfly:

You're asking for something that doesn't exist. And if you check, you'll see that the 370 Gallon tanks that the USAF (and many other Viper-operators) fly with, they're significantly smaller than the 600-gallon ones that you can find in other services.

The 370's doesn't negatively impact performance that much. On the MLU-Vipers they introduce a 7,5g limit while there's still fuel in them, unrestricted when they're empty.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

You'll still have 6900lbs of internal fuel[...]

Shouldn't that be 7100lb for the F-16C Block 50?

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

When you talk about smaller fuel tanks are you sure you're not confusing them with the pilots personal travel pod that they will stow under a wing?

Tell that airman to blouse his boots up, that is a mess! :P

edit: I mean it is expected from a 55th but still... (79th all the way!)

I stand corrected!

I'm just a life-long civvie who's never been close to a real F-16C and is using info based on publicly-available (i.e. old) documents and prior experience of other sims. I'd never claim to be "correct", Sryan. ;-)

i9-9900K @5GHz, Z390 Aorus Pro, 32GB DDR4-3200MHz, EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, Seasonic Focus+ Platinum 850W PSU, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, MT deskmounts, Asus 32" 1440p display, EDTracker Pro Wireless, HP Reverb

They are both correct, it depend on the fuel use.

With JP-4 (NATO F-40) 6900lbs plus or minus 300lbs

With JP-8 (NATO F-34) 7100lbs plus or minus 300lbs

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

They are both correct, it depend on the fuel use.

I had no idea... that's fascinating. So JP-8 is lighter (lb/gallon) than JP-4?

I had no idea... that's fascinating. So JP-8 is lighter (lb/gallon) than JP-4?

Opposite, at the same temp (60°F) JP-4 is around 0.751 to water. JP-8 is 0.775 to 0.840

This can vary depending on the fuel manufacturer and different additives in the fuel, measuring device, etc.

This are direct PDF links

JP-4 Fuel (MIL-T-5624) msds

Jet Fuel msds

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

at the same temp (60°F) JP-4 is around 0.751 to water. JP-8 is 0.775 to 0.840

Gotcha, a lower sg (familiar to us old-skool home brewers)

This can vary depending on the fuel manufacturer and different additives in the fuel, measuring device, etc.

Thanks for enlightening me. It's details like this that bring the aircraft to life for we civvies, even if ED don't go so far as to actually model the different fuel types. :-)