How to display FPS

tmahring

Select LCTRL+Pause/Break a second time to get expanded FPS and graphic info.

• Like 1

It's a good thing that this is Early Access and we've all volunteered to help test and enhance this work in progress... despite the frustrations inherent in the task with even the simplest of software... otherwise people might not understand that this incredibly complex unfinished module is unfinished. /light-hearted sarcasm

• 8 years later...

I dunno what the issue is. But I've tried RCtrl+pause and LCtrl+pause and both give me "Screenshot"..... as in it takes a screen still pic. Has this changed for DCS 2.5??? I even tried mapping the Frame rate feature in DCS to another keyboard button but the frame rate will not show up on the screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Update, I can get in-game FPS working fine using the Steam settings (100+ FPS, sweet!) but only in Non-VR mode. As soon as I connect VR and fly using the HMD, there is no FPS display even though it's still selected in Steam settings. Oh well, its seems to be running fairly smooth in VR, but I'm sure it has a very different FPS rate in monitor vs VR mode. <shrug>

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I dunno what the issue is. But I've tried RCtrl+pause and LCtrl+pause and both give me "Screenshot"..... as in it takes a screen still pic. Has this changed for DCS 2.5??? I even tried mapping the Frame rate feature in DCS to another keyboard button but the frame rate will not show up on the screen. Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

You might have another program like SnagIt or Windows' builtin Snippet tool, one OneNote mapped to those keys.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 1 year later...

I'm new to DCS World, and Windows 8.1, having read the earlier posts in this thread, I'm at a loss.

I cannot for the life of me, get the FPS to display whilst flying, in cockpit or external view, or at all.

I've tried to use LCtrl + pause and RCtrl + pause, I've remapped the command, in options  to LCtrl + Z.

Can't see it.

The only things I can see as an overlay, on the screen, are the pinkish, "Game Radar" circle in upper right and there is a display bar at the bottom of the screen showing various things like heading, flaps angle and date and time, but no FPS.

DCS 2.5.6 Open Beta, Windows 8.1.

Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be enabled. to show any overlays on the screen? 

one.jpg

two.jpg

Edited by MNissen

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie

Problem solved in this post 

• Like 1

Mac Pro 5,1 (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB RAM - Radeon RX 590

Mac OS X 10.15 - Bootcamp - Windows 10 - 2 x SSD 1TB - T16000M HOTAS - DCS World & Open Beta - Operator still a newbie