Inert Munitions

Swift.

Might be an idea to add some of the inert munitions to hornet. For example:

-BDU50 (all versions)

-ELGTR

-CAP-9x

The BDU-50 certainly seems like it would be low hanging fruit: using existing warhead data from the existing BDU-50, and existing tracking logic from the JDAMs and LGBs.

GBU-38_5.thumb.jpg.15d75ec3c993d97ddf95b4a3bb5f8184.jpg

• Thanks 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I wont mention the BDU50 because different stroke for different folks.

However there is an obvious benefit to something such as ELGTR: being able to carry more laser guided munitions will allow more repetitions for practising deliveries.

• Like 1

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I wont mention the BDU50 because different stroke for different folks.

However there is an obvious benefit to something such as ELGTR: being able to carry more laser guided munitions will allow more repetitions for practising deliveries.

Repetition for what? C`mon guys, Its just a game after all.

Just use regular weapons. Nothing will happen If you training with "real" bombs, not with "blue" one.

A functional captive AIM-9 / AIM-120 is kinda important to the Viper because without functional Missile electronics, you get no A2A symbology.

Same applies to HARMs and MAV's. You have to either shoot live, or put a live round in SIM.

All should be options of course, but lets maximize the enjoyment using real available equipment for the aircraft.

• Like 1

Same applies to HARMs and MAV's. You have to either shoot live, or put a live round in SIM.

All should be options of course, but lets maximize the enjoyment using real available equipment for the aircraft.

Does “SIM” work in the F-16. I admit I haven’t had a chance to try it yet.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

Might be an idea to add some of the inert munitions to hornet. For example:

-BDU50 (all versions)

-ELGTR

-CAP-9x

The BDU-50 certainly seems like it would be low hanging fruit: using existing warhead data from the existing BDU-50, and existing tracking logic from the JDAMs and LGBs.

+1

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A functional captive AIM-9 / AIM-120 is kinda important to the Viper because without functional Missile electronics, you get no A2A symbology.

I’m working on a bunch of realistic training sorties in NTTR based on a RL syllabus. It would mean a world of immersion for me to have all the captive/inert weapons to choose from.

Also for the purpose of replicating RL images, another pass time of mine.

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 1

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer: