[WORK IN PROGRESS] External model quality

Mainstay

First I would like to thank the team for creating this beautiful plane.II love it so far especially the cockpit feels alive.

On the other hand I'm kinda disappointed about the external model. The external model feels nothing like the F-14 and F-18. Maybe it's just me but texture and detail wise it seems a step backwards compared to the two jets above. I sincerely hope this isn't the final external model.

Thank you for all the hard work so far.

g8PjVMw.png

I'm not complaining either about the early access. But I'm worried about the model quality since its one of my favourite planes and I would cry if it stays like this.

Where did they say the model is still unfinished BTW @tomcatgoad

g8PjVMw.png

Wags and ED have stated that the model, textures, and artwork are WIP. I am sure when all is finished, the F-16 will be at the same quality as the other planes.

Personally, I think the F-16 wouldn't seem so rough in it's current early access state if it looked better, but we will get there eventually.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

The External Model isnt finished, Geometry and Textures wise.

Which is why there is currently only 1 livery and no templates.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I'm just pumped, knowing it's only gonna get better!

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

While working on a skin for it I noted they did most of the weathering in the RoughMet layers. This means in direct sunlight you won't see it very much.

If you look at it in the shade it looks old and ragged but on the sunny side it is brand new. :)

F-14B, A-10C,F-18C Lot 20, F-16C, UH-1H, SA342, Spitfire LF Mk IX, F-15C, Mig-29, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf

i9 9900k 5.0GHz, 32GB RAM, 1080Ti, Rift S, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind pedals, Dual Monitors 4K & 1080

Every Day, Someone Uses Cute Krispy Snacks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 5 months later...
There is also many missing details in the dashboard like rivets and vent holes, very characteristic of the viper in both internal and external models:

the back of the cockpit also lacks a lot of details. hope to see it asap.

i added this :megalol::megalol::megalol:

sure its block 50? :lol:

e0077961_5e8f161a4583f.png

back space and side space has NO UV MAP

i tried painting it 6 month ago but its super blurry

Edited by lee1hy

creator of ED's official F-16C liveries (WP,OS, 132nd, 152nd, 174th)
AH-64D livery contest winner 😅
kim_123456#3214

My user files https://shorturl.at/cdKV5

There is also many missing details in the dashboard like rivets and vent holes,

Talking about details (insignificant or not) those are not rivets on the cockpit glare shield, they are Torq-set screws. Normally, worn and very difficult to remove.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

i added this :megalol::megalol::megalol:

sure its block 50? :lol:

e0077961_5e8f161a4583f.png

back space and side space has NO UV MAP

i tried painting it 6 month ago but its super blurry

Nice, I'm also working on these ;)

Talking about details (insignificant or not) those are not rivets on the cockpit glare shield, they are Torq-set screws. Normally, worn and very difficult to remove.

good to know, thanks!:thumbup:

Btw, I also added the missing external canopy details using the official template...edited the normal map, roughmet and diffuse for the canopy frame and also for the canopy itself (too high specular reflection imo) ...still a lot of work to do but seems to be shaping nicely:

1586451788-screen-200409-185230.jpg

1586451789-screen-200409-185247.jpg

1586451789-screen-200409-185258.jpg

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here