units not moving (again)

So a couple of updates ago we had a problem with the hold task not working on waypoint 0. This broke my mission. Then that got fixed and the mission was working again. However since the last update the mission appears broken yet again. Again the units wont move. This lead to some testcases i did and i noticed the following:

Start a new mission.

place a tank in some area with woodland and some degree of sloping.

give the tank a single waypoint

copy paste the tank about 15 times and offset each instance either north or south, depending on the waypoint, giving the tanks different terrain elevations and surroundings.

start the mission

So when doing this, some of the tanks start moving, and some of them just sit there.

It doesnt seem to be related to actual sloping, since some tanks also wont move downhill, or even flat terrain. I even found that some tanks will move one time, and stay still when the mission is run again without any changes.

I havent been able to find any pattern or explanation for this behaviour. My best guess is that it has something to do with pathfinding routines?

I have hold and a perpetual loop with a convoy. It works. The convoy activates at a dock, travels to the airport, waits 45 minutes or so, then travels back to the dock, waits...etc etc.

Here is the mission file. I don't know if this is exactly what you are talking about. But I got the hold function to work. The key to un-holding is the stop condition. As far as the tanks moving at the start...who knows? I encountered several bugs with artillery units a while back. But that's the beta...

Operation_Secure_Passage_day-1.miz

No thats not what i meant at all. Nothing with holding points or loops or anything.

Just plain and simple. put a single tank, give it a single waypoint, copy paste at different locations, start the mission.

no actions, or tasks or anything like that.

Just to be extra clear, i attached 2 mission files that i just created 1 minute ago to demonstrate. Load it up and run in from the editor and see if you have the same result as me. Some of the tanks will move, and some of them won't. Cant figure out why. Just move em around and see what happens.

One other symptom i've noticed as well with this, but dont know if it is related. dcs will freeze often when exiting the mission editor when a mission has this problem.

(also thought about the possibility that the problem would be my computer only. so i verified all the files, no problems found. Steam version, latest open beta. no mods installed)

move problem.miz

move problems.miz

Edited by nighteyes2017