A-10C Basic Flight Training Qualification DLC

Usually folks get fooled by the switch position so just confirm your setting looks like the attached:

ILS OFF:

attachment.php?attachmentid=121759&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1442980525

ILS ON:

attachment.php?attachmentid=121760&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1442980525

Also attached is an ILS test mission you can use to confirm the operation of the ILS switch on your system (it's the same test used in the missions).

Let us know if you continue to have problems and we will investigate further.

ILS Test.miz

F-15C-User-Bar-ACM.v2.jpg

MapleFlagMissions - Read Our Blog for Updates

Usually folks get fooled by the switch position so just confirm your setting looks like the attached:

ILS OFF:

attachment.php?attachmentid=121759&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1442980525

ILS ON:

attachment.php?attachmentid=121760&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1442980525

Also attached is an ILS test mission you can use to confirm the operation of the ILS switch on your system (it's the same test used in the missions).

Let us know if you continue to have problems and we will investigate further.

Thanks a lot for the quick reply! Your ILS testing mission that you attached worked nicely. I hear the voice over when I turn it off and on and made sure to have it match the pictures attached.

The only way I was able to pass the practice ground handling misison, was to not touch the ILS power switch at all. I set the ILS frequency and turned on tacan to T/R. Surprisingly when it came time to check my shutdown procedure the FE did not fail me for the ILS power switch!

Not sure if it's a known bug or an ED issue but wouldn't this cause problems in the later misisons for ILS landing? Seems like anytime I turned on the ILS during startup by the time it gets to the shutdown part of the sortie turning it off, it seems to not be recognized.

I should have saved the track to post it but if needed I can run it again and save it.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Yes the shutdown script is only checking to see if it's still on so turning it off prior to shutdown should ensure it's not set (unless there is a game engine bug). If it keeps happening I recommend opening a support ticket with ED since there is nothing we can do in the mission script itself.

Have bought the Basic Flight Campaign in the past (have the suid, key and password numbers). The campaign does not appear in the campaign section and it's not listed as purchased on the module manager (if i remember correctly i bought it directly from the creator). How can i install it ?

With our campaigns moving to the ED store you now need ED keys to play them so our original keys are no longer valid.

However, we are offering a full refund of your MFM purchase for the campaigns if you upgrade to the ED Store versions.

A-10C BFT Campaign: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_bft_campaign/

A-10C AAT Campaign: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/advanced_aircraft_training_qualification_campaign/

A-10C TTQ Campaign: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/campaigns/a-10c_ttq_campaign/

The ED Store version is managed through the in game module manager so you don't have to worry about any mission keys and future updates are delivered automatically with the DCS updates.

You can read about the refund program here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=162990

With the frequent ED Store sales you can usually get the campaign at the same original cost so it would be a free upgrade to the ED store version.

Sorry you are having trouble. That's a known issue in the current 1.5.8 release. The mission is playable but you need to fly 500' lower than the altitude given by the FE. For example if they say fly 6000' try flying at 5500'.

ED made changes to the altitude calculations for the 2.5 Caucasus map and those changes were deployed to the 1.5.8 release.

We are updating all the missions to use the new altitude values and should have it available for the next patch update.

My way to solve this is to always (when able) to have the POS page shown in the CDU when flying. In this page I use the GPS altitude as a reference to level off my altitude.

My way to solve this is to always (when able) to have the POS page shown in the CDU when flying. In this page I use the GPS altitude as a reference to level off my altitude.
Yup I did this one last night and got really upset when he kept failing me. Then I came and read about the issue with 1.5.8. If you set your altimeter to 29.89 before take off you should be at the correct altitude. Although 500 below is what the testing parameters seem to trigger. No wonder I kept getting told to correct myself when I was at 5990 ft and then finally told to terminate. All along I thought I was keeping great altitude :)

I didn't pass it yet, so for landing are we still supposed to be at 2000 instead of 2500?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

• 1 month later...

Hello guys, hello Sabre,

i just bought the Basic Flight Training Qualification Campaign today.

In the BF01 I'm not able to end the mission. My shutdown is correct.

The instructor says " Well lets check out your Shutdown Procedure" or something like that...nothing happens. I've waited 5 minutes the first time. Tried it a couple times more. No success.

Maybe it's a bug with the new 2.5.

Maybe you guys can help.

Intel I7 6800K @3.4GHz, 64GB RAM, Geforce 1060 6GB, San Disk SSD, Win10-64bit, TM Warthog, TM TFRP, TM Cougar and 10" Screens, IPad with iControl DCS

Okay thank you. I will try it again. In the practice mission it works.

In the Interactive campaign its not so far.

But thanks for your time and help.

If it will not work, I will send you an Email.

Cheers

Intel I7 6800K @3.4GHz, 64GB RAM, Geforce 1060 6GB, San Disk SSD, Win10-64bit, TM Warthog, TM TFRP, TM Cougar and 10" Screens, IPad with iControl DCS

Just retested BFT01 in the latest 2.5 version and shutdown worked ok for us.

Email us at mapleflagmissions@gmail.com and we can help you figure out which switch is causing you a problem on your system.

I am waiting on a computer upgrade before installing 2.5. Therefore, I am running 1.58. Will these fixes for 2.5 introduce issues in 1.58? If so, I'll just hold off on purchasing until I am able to run 2.5 to my satisfaction. Just curious as I'd like to run these qual DLCs sooner rather than later.

Thanks!

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

Thanks, Sabre

System Specs:

Spoiler

💻Processor:13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900K - 🧠RAM: 64GB - 🎥Video Card: NVIDIA RTX 4090 - 🥽 Display: Pimax 8kx VR Headset - 🕹️Accessories:  VKB Gunfighter III MCG Ultimate, Thrustmaster TWCS (modified), Thrustmaster TPR Pedals, Simshaker JetPad, Predator HOTAS Mounts, 3D Printed Flight Button Box 

Thrustmaster TWCS Mod

deleted.

Edited by Boosterdog
wrong forum

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 3 weeks later...
can some one explain ... i c'ant complete mission 6 , runaway X is to short and if i land aircraft almost at 125-130 ... i c'ant stop at the end and crash on the fence !!!!!!!!!!!
If this is the hydraulics failure misison make sure you are in manual reversion mode for both landing gear and brakes. Left middle side of the cockpit there are switches. Turn off pitch and yaw sas switches. You will have to carefully maneuver the aircraft and slow it down before final approach. Pitch up and make changes slowly to input because it will be very wobbly. Even if you run off the runway but stop without much damage you should pass.
Edited by sze5003

manual reversion mode for both landing gear and brakes

do i need emergency panel? can you show me pictures

step by step

Left hand side emergency panel. Check this video, I'm boarding a flight right now so not home to be able to show pics.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems i still have the altitude issue with 1.5.8.12823 release. I was trying the BFT05 mission ang got "Terminate, terminate, terminate" when flying at 8040 feet on 210 course after the right climbing turn. If i remember well, the orders was to fly angel 8.

Did you have the altimeter set to 2992?

I think normally you get a warning then you get the terminate call 10 seconds later. There could be a small delay from when you hit the peak altitude that fires the trigger and the time you hear the call so you might have reduced altitude at the warning message and was much lower when the terminate call was actually heard.

We use a formula to determine the upper and lower ranges but some tweaking might still be necessary.

Yes the altimeter is set to 2992 and no i haven't reduced altitude because i was ending the climb and flying level.

Batumi 29,88 Hpa in inches

Batumi 29,88 mBar in inches

1mm = 0,0394 Zoll

29,88 mBar/'' *0,0394'' = 1,177272 bar. Interessant! Ich hab physikalische Umrechnungen noch nie gekonnt. Wo ist der Fehler?

29,92*0,0394 = 1,178848

Edited by woodlanddragon

I7 7700k - MSI Z270 PC MATE DUAL - CORSAIR DDR4 32GB - NVIDIA GTX 1080 - EIZO FS2735 - TRACKIR - GUILLEMOT PRODUCTS - CH PRODUCTS - SB X-FI FATALITY PLATINUM - VAICOM PRO - TACVIEW

VIEL LEIDENSFÄHGKEIT