Mavericks Auto Ground Stabilize?

Shein

So the AGM-65's (IR and CCD) appear to be automatically ground stabilized, similar to how the TPOD works. In the A-10, mavericks don't auto ground stabilize. They can be temporarily held on a spot on the ground with TMS down, but soon as they're slewed they move with aircraft movement instead of relative to ground position.

Is this a bug? or as intended?

Have I been missing out on Maverick slewing like a Tpod all this time in A-10 somehow?!

Thanks all!

Slewing mode and break-lock/grounded mode are different. The second you start slewing you're no longer in that break-lock/grounded mode. The Maverick never slews in the ground reference frame like TGP INR/AREA.

However it can operate in the space reference frame (focus at infinity) which in many cases is better than the airframe reference regime for seeming stable as the only proper motion of the ground is due to parallax and translation.

YOu have not read the manual. If you did, you'd know that in A10C, if you TMS down short, it ground stabilizes.

And you didn't read my entire post. In fact you didn't go deeper than one sentence:

So the AGM-65's (IR and CCD) appear to be automatically ground stabilized, similar to how the TPOD works. In the A-10, mavericks don't auto ground stabilize. They can be temporarily held on a spot on the ground with TMS down, but soon as they're slewed they move with aircraft movement instead of relative to ground position.

Is this a bug? or as intended?

Have I been missing out on Maverick slewing like a Tpod all this time in A-10 somehow?!

Thanks all!

Slewing mode and break-lock/grounded mode are different. The second you start slewing you're no longer in that break-lock/grounded mode. The Maverick never slews in the ground reference frame like TGP INR/AREA.

However it can operate in the space reference frame (focus at infinity) which in many cases is better than the airframe reference regime for seeming stable as the only proper motion of the ground is due to parallax and translation.

I'll try that, thanks!