TARPS?

2BAG_Inferno

TARPS

Will it be available in DCS?:)

2-я Боевая Авиа Группа|Ютуб |

Asus p8h67 v3.0 rev B3 | Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 gHz | RAM Kingston DDR3 20GB | Palit GTX 670 Jet Stream 2GB (:(умерла)| Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8Gb | 1920x1080 | РУС - VPC MongoosT-50 Black Edition Flightstick | РУД - Saitek X52 | VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base + VPC SharKa-50 Grip | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR5 + TrackClip pro  

"Клиент вырос, новый клиент тупой, его мало интересует авиация..." (с) Неизвестный весёлый пилот.

nice:)

2-я Боевая Авиа Группа|Ютуб |

Asus p8h67 v3.0 rev B3 | Intel Core i5 2500k 3.3 gHz | RAM Kingston DDR3 20GB | Palit GTX 670 Jet Stream 2GB (:(умерла)| Gigabyte GTX 1070 Windforce OC 8Gb | 1920x1080 | РУС - VPC MongoosT-50 Black Edition Flightstick | РУД - Saitek X52 | VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base + VPC SharKa-50 Grip | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR5 + TrackClip pro  

"Клиент вырос, новый клиент тупой, его мало интересует авиация..." (с) Неизвестный весёлый пилот.

Yeah Cobra said they're going to model it.

Nice, do you have a source for this?

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

We're focusing on the essence of what a Tomcat is + some more to begin with (e.g. TARPS). We have plenty of tricks up our sleeve for the future, however. We realize what you guys want. smile.gif

For now it's just a matter of development resources and time.

here we go

all hail forumsearch

some people also asked about lantirn, but this pod is way harder to implement so they said they'd just wait for ED to do it or wait till it's released and they can finance it (because this is not planned right now)

And tbh we've been waiting too long already release the damn thing :p

Unless I misunderstood the description in Wikipedia, it seems to me that, other than a control head in the aft cockpit and a switch in the front, there is nothing to "see" with the TARPS installed. I don't understand what it is that one would expect with a 'properly modeled' TARPS included with the module.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unless I misunderstood the description in Wikipedia, it seems to me that, other than a control head in the aft cockpit and a switch in the front, there is nothing to "see" with the TARPS installed. I don't understand what it is that one would expect with a 'properly modeled' TARPS included with the module.

We have some quite cool ideas for this, not ready to share yet though! :)

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

Hm, I was under the impression that the reason for not having Lantrin right from the modules release, was due to the need of significantly changing the cockpit model to account for the Lantrin functionality, like its screen. Thus, Lantrin was discussed (maybe!) to be added at a later point in time.

I can't remember to have read a discussion, or statements, that the implementation of the pod itself was the issue. It is true, there are some 3rd party developers who are waiting for the implementation of certain features by ED, for instance Razbam with the ground radar. However, this hasn't been the case for Leatherneck/Heatblur.

Am I missing something here?

some people also asked about lantirn, but this pod is way harder to implement so they said they'd just wait for ED to do it or wait till it's released and they can finance it (because this is not planned right now)

And tbh we've been waiting too long already release the damn thing :p

Hm, I was under the impression that the reason for not having Lantrin right from the modules release, was due to the need of significantly changing the cockpit model to account for the Lantrin functionality, like its screen. Thus, Lantrin was discussed (maybe!) to be added at a later point in time.

I can't remember to have read a discussion, or statements, that the implementation of the pod itself was the issue. It is true, there are some 3rd party developers who are waiting for the implementation of certain features by ED, for instance Razbam with the ground radar. However, this hasn't been the case for Leatherneck/Heatblur.

Am I missing something here?

you're right, this has nothing to do with ED. :)

/Daniel

Heatblur Simulations

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

AFAIK from reading, no changes are needed in hardware. So maybe Heatblur does not want to add that functionality. In my opinion it adds so many capabilities that will be a huge loss not to see it in the release or planned after it. Hope HB can reconsider at least being added after the beta release.

Thanks.

awfaYe8.jpg

Book is: US Navy F-14 Tomcat Units of Operation Iraqi Freedom from Osprey Publishing. Page 10.

Edited by Stratos
Added pic and source

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

AFAIK from reading, no changes are needed in hardware.

That would be incorrect. A separate control stick needed to be added on the left side of the cockpit for the RIO to be able to control the LANTIRN. More importantly you theoretically might have been able to route the LTS display through the original "Fishbowl TID", but the resolution would have been so poor there wouldn't have been any point. You'd need to model the functionality of the upgraded Programmable TID, or PTID, which has a higher resolution and has functionality much closer to what we would consider a traditional MFD.

Besides the upgrade work to the aircraft itself, there HB would have to do a great deal of research and work to get the LANTIRN itself working properly.

FWIW they have not entirely ruled out the possibility of adding it, but it would be part of a later release that brings the F-14 up to the late 90s "Upgrade" standard.

FWIW they have not entirely ruled out the possibility of adding it, but it would be part of a later release that brings the F-14 up to the late 90s "Upgrade" standard.

Then maybe I misunderstood or book was wrong, will keep my research. I know they don't ruled out completely, I really hope they can add the LANTIRN pod later, free or as a DLC, but bringing this beast to full capabilities.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

This module wont be a closed book upon release, separate from the updates to the module the potential for add-ons is there, should Heatblur choose to do so of course. Like the real Tomcat this would change its mission capabilities. I would find this really interesting. I sense the Heatblur team have like many of us a real love for this bird and would love to do all they can. We shall see, I'm just looking forward to learning it from scratch.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I see that the TARPS DI used a Pulnix digital camera, I used these back in the '90s too, they made excellent cameras. Their miniature CCTV cameras packed a lot of performance in a very small package for the time.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

I don't know if this has been discussed, but how would DCS incorporate the TARPS successfully into gameplay? In other words, if your objective is to take pictures, how will the game evaluate the mission performance based on the pictures you took?

In the 1995 sim Top Gun: Fire at Will!, you could fly TARPS mission, but it was an almost entirely scripted affair, as much of the game was. In DCS, it wouldn't be scripted, so how would the game be able to formulate whether or not a TARPS mission was successful?