P51-D and carrier ops ?

Lib

Errrhh, that must be an experimental, the P-51 did not operate from ships, that is navy and marine corps domain, and they had the F designation on their fighters. Nice images though had not seen those before

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

I think you will learn to appreciate broad, paved non-banking runways. ;)

:megalol:

How true - I recall a time when I thought even Min'Vody was too short :music_whistling:

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

Yes, of course, it was experimental, but i thougth it would have been cool for the challenge of trying it and practicing it (sorry for my bad english...:cry:) and for the fun of naval ops.

There is a story about it, pictures about it ... so ... let us "live" this story.... no ? :pilotfly:

• Like 1

Yes, of course, it was experimental, but i thougth it would have been cool for the challenge of trying it and practicing it (sorry for my bad english...:cry:) and for the fun of naval ops.

There is a story about it, pictures about it ... so ... let us "live" this story.... no ? :pilotfly:

Good argument! :thumb up:

Looks like fun, would it be really hard to add the mechanics/modelling e.g. the tail hook to the plane? (as a optional of corse?)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good argument! :thumb up:

Looks like fun, would it be really hard to add the mechanics/modelling e.g. the tail hook to the plane? (as a optional of corse?)

I am sure that the addition of a tailhook that goes up and down would not be hard to model.

Now the parts where that aircraft model, with the hook, hits the model of the arresting wire/carrier deck and all sudden you have a whole lot of physics to model might be just a teensie bit more work.;)

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: