A twin jet tanker / awacs

nessuno0505

E-2 Hawkeye would be awesome. It would be nice if they made it multi crew so someone could sit in the back with an awacs view while the other flew the aircraft.

It would be awesome to have in DCS since it could also operate off carrier decks. Unfortunately it's systems might still be too classified even though the current E-2C are starting to be replaced but newer E-2D's.

However there could be a chance of doing the older E-2B Hawkeye.

Check out this video of a reporter that did story on the E-2C and even then he was limited in what he could show of the radar operations.

I just discovered a great twin jet candidate that was not only used as tanker but also as a strategic bomber, electronic warfare platform and tactical air reconnaissance platform, the A-3 Skyworrior.

It was used buy the Navy so it was capable of operating off aircraft carriers. There was also the Air force variant called the B-66 Destroyer.

This video has more info. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WroFJEYUE0Q

120694-13634-72-pristine.jpg

Edited by Evoman

• 2 weeks later...
E-2 Hawkeye would be awesome. It would be nice if they made it multi crew so someone could sit in the back with an awacs view while the other flew the aircraft.

I agree, it looks like they have already put in a fair amount of work into the AI version I dont even care if it is a mod.