More skins please

berk.kp

The Yak-52 was used by many Air Forces over the world. It would be nice to have a bigger variety of skins for this beautiful plane. Besides many cool aerobatic skins, there are many nice airforce camo schemes in which this plane could be repainted which I really wish for DCS

More on Yak-52 Skins

The Yak-52 was used by many Air Forces over the world. It would be nice to have a bigger variety of skins for this beautiful plane. Besides many cool aerobatic skins, there are many nice airforce camo schemes in which this plane could be repainted which I really wish for DCS

Here you go:

Yak-52 Skins (User Files - Download)

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?set_filter=Y&arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=518&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=537&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

My Problem with Yak-52 Skins:

I went to modify Yak-52 Skins for the 'Instant Action' Missions Nevada Map. There were NO alternative Skins that were Selectable for the Nevada Missions.

I was able to change Paint Skins for the YAk-52 in the Caucasus's Instant Action Mission.

How can I add the already available 2.5+ Version YAk-52 Skins (in Caucasus) to the Nevada Instant Action Missions ?

THANX ! :pilotfly:

It's the country settings. Most of the skins are for Russia. The Nevada instant action missions have Yaks set to USA, so you only get "bare metal" by default.

Either change the country in the mission, or go through all your Yak skins description.lua files and comment out/delete the country assignment line. Or add "USA" to the list of countries.

I honestly don't understand why we have country-specific skins. It's an annoyance to have to make separate missions for each and every skin you want to use, instead of freely selecting them whenever you want. Commenting out/deleting the country line of the description.lua files "unlocks" the skins, but sometimes it doesn't work and you'll get a skin that refuses to load. Even adding a country to the country line sometimes results in the skin not loading.

• 2 weeks later...

THANX 4 the Info

It's the country settings. Most of the skins are for Russia. The Nevada instant action missions have Yaks set to USA, so you only get "bare metal" by default.

Either change the country in the mission, or go through all your Yak skins description.lua files and comment out/delete the country assignment line. Or add "USA" to the list of countries.

I honestly don't understand why we have country-specific skins. It's an annoyance to have to make separate missions for each and every skin you want to use, instead of freely selecting them whenever you want. Commenting out/deleting the country line of the description.lua files "unlocks" the skins, but sometimes it doesn't work and you'll get a skin that refuses to load. Even adding a country to the country line sometimes results in the skin not loading.

Thank You 'Nealius' Appreciate the Information. Need a Better looking Yak-51 than Bare Metal if you want any 'Street Cred' out on the Nellis Ranges :megalol:

Edited by Igor4U
add