** The RIO's Office! **

Cobra847

Did you just drop some Red Dwarf?

I also really wanna play in the RIO seat. But I know I would be rubbish on visual callouts. I'd be head down all the time.

Maybe. :music_whistling::music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s just one big analog playground!
The very reason I fancy the F-14D much more.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Yeah, when we do the TARPS later that'll also be a specific panel that has to be added in.

The Data Link Control Panel and the Data Link Reply and Atenna Control Panel is one on left panel another on right panel.

The Knee Panel looks diference with in the DC uncovering.

Where is the Systerm Test Panel?:)

beautiful textures! even got a little poop on the seat there from that mig 28 intercept. very nice.

Well, that's not everyday you get a MiG-28's missile lock on you - it can be an highly traumatic event...

So we must cut Cougar some slack, the guy just wasn't made to handle that pressure.

But at the least he is alive today, keeping with his life, he even has 9 grandchildren - all is fine and dandy.

Now, Goose... Goose is dead man... Goose is dead.

Really nice. Just needs a cup holder for the coffee :lol:

It might have come handy for the Air Boss at NAS Miramar.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

The Data Link Control Panel and the Data Link Reply and Atenna Control Panel is one on left panel another on right panel.

The Knee Panel looks diference with in the DC uncovering.

Where is the Systerm Test Panel?:)

It's not always mounted and never used by the air crew anyway. It's a ground crew only panel that's never used by the RIO and always closed in the air when present meaning that you'd just see a closed panel anyway.

Screenshots look amazing! Really looking forward to this module.

Not sure if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how will duplication of axes between front and rear seat work? For example, I'll map my roll/pitch to my Hog joystick for use when flying. If I'm in the back I'll want to use the same joystick for that RIO stick (assuming it's an axis?). How will that work? Current controls behaviour would delete the previous assignment.

Screenshots look amazing! Really looking forward to this module.

Not sure if this has been asked earlier in the thread, but how will duplication of axes between front and rear seat work? For example, I'll map my roll/pitch to my Hog joystick for use when flying. If I'm in the back I'll want to use the same joystick for that RIO stick (assuming it's an axis?). How will that work? Current controls behaviour would delete the previous assignment.

The Front and Back seats have their own control assignments so you can use the same controls for different functions depending on current seat.

Don't have a pic of the -B model but this is the LANTRIN control in a -D

4fvLY4G.jpg

Man that is some rear seat Heatblur, well done.

My car has around 200 circuit breakers in it in 3 fuse boxes but that pales when looking at the F-14 oh boy … now which one did I hear go pop???

The LANTIRN control stick looks an awful lot like a left-handed flight control stick...which means they HAVE been made, and therefore could possibly be found for sale somewhere...

The Front and Back seats have their own control assignments so you can use the same controls for different functions depending on current seat.

Ok That prove's I'll be relying in Jester, far too complex.....lets look out the front and not worry about it ....like real pilots do!

Not necesarilly.

From @Naquaii's words, I imagine it will be something like this:

- at Pilot cockpit: player joystick controls Pilot's stick;

- at RIO cockpit: player joystick controls RIO's Hand Control Unit.

(The HCU is used for slewing the various sensors, via the RIO's cockpit displays.)

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

tomcat when. y'all better include a bottle of K.Y in the pit to make up for all the cockteasing :lol:

A10C - Block 5+7, AV8B/NA Harrier, F-14B.

Pentium G4560, GTX 1050Ti, 20GB's total, 1x16GB Kingston Hyper X, And a 1x4GB Avexir Core Series kit, fleamarket mouse/keyboard, i swear it works fine :megalol: