DCS World 1.5 some activations not being recognised

scotth6

HI,

I recently purchased a new PC.

Before uninstalling DCS World 1.5, 2.5 beta and 2.5 release on my previous PC I deactivated all modules which required manual deactivation.

Now on my new PC I installed DCS World 2.5 beta last week and installed all modules apart from Normandy and WWII Assets Pack. I manually activated all modules which asked for it.

Last night I installed DCS World 1.5, mainly so I can still fly the Hawk, but I liked 1.5 so I am installing everything I can in to that. I just installed everything, but now when I start 1.5 I am being asked to activate the Spitfire, Viggen, Mirage 2000, and the Gazelle. I don't understand why I am being asked to activate these because they are already activated for 2.5, and I have always been told that activations are only required once for all versions. I don't want to use another activation unnecessarily, so I would like to find out why this is occurring.

Thanks.

I just installed everything, but now when I start 1.5 I am being asked to activate the Spitfire, Viggen, Mirage 2000, and the Gazelle.

I don't understand why I am being asked to activate these because they are already activated for 2.5, and I have always been told that activations are only required once for all versions.

I don't want to use another activation unnecessarily, so I would like to find out why this is occurring.

When you say you have activated all modules in DCS 2.x you probably haven't really, as:

1. DCS 2.x - Most but not all modules no longer require you active them with serial numbers as it is using an updated copy protection system that has the modules bound to your account, that is why you weren't asked for the activation key codes on all of your modules.
  2. DCS 1.2x or 1.5x - Will require you activate all the modules as you have always done because they still use the old starforce copy protection system of Key codes (This will be all the modules that DCS 2.x didn't activate because they weren't using the old key code system).

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.