Laser Code 1113 and (at least) Su-25T

i blasted about 100 tanks today with jtac in the su-25t, but didn't try the su-25a.

in the su-25t i noticed after a while that when you are in JTAC laser range, the diamond in your HUD changes into a circle. i experimented several different times and it was consistent behavior. so don't really have to be in true LA range, i could get JTAC range about 25km out every time.

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

i could not get it to work with the Su-25A, sadly. however i DID get the the jtac laser to display on my HUD funny enough. when you approach within range, your pipper will pop to where the closest JTAC laser is, which is handy for spotting bad guys. but as soon as you turn your own laser on, the pipper jumps back to the middle of the HUD.

i was hoping that if you turned your own laser off after you fired (it always turns itself on after firing), it would pick up the JTAC laser but that doesn't seem to be the case. of course it's entirely possible i'm just doing it wrong :)

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

Great find! :thumbup:

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...

A laser code is a laser pulse repetition frequency (PRF) and those are classified.

The chances of Northrop Grumman to share these with the Kamov Design Bureau or the company that made the Shkval system are zero.

Also keep in mind that the SU-25T Shkval in DCS is total guesswork and should not have the LST capability.

The chances of Northrop Grumman to share these with the Kamov Design Bureau or the company that made the Shkval system are zero

DCS world isn't the real world. Come play online and you'll notice russian A10C and US Kamov-50. Is that a bug too ? ;)

It's sad it has been remove, because it remove JTAC capability too.

Russians didn't use JTAC with the frogs. They could use smoke to mark targets and visually talk them on similar to how the a10 is with gun runs. Sad as it is and sick that we can't use it but brings us closet to how the reality is. Funny tho how they squash this bug with ease but other more important issues aren't looked into.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

Also keep in mind that the SU-25T Shkval in DCS is total guesswork and should not have the LST capability.

that's right, no LST

but laser spot is what missile needs, not for weapons management system

what if you launch your Kh-25ML missile manually (Alt+W) in the direction of lased target ? an it will be in the seeker's FOV ?

Russians didn't use JTAC with the frogs. They could use smoke to mark targets and visually talk them on similar to how the a10 is with gun runs. Sad as it is and sick that we can't use it but brings us closet to how the reality is. Funny tho how they squash this bug with ease but other more important issues aren't looked into.

they actually did use JTACs in Afghanistan with basic Su-25. JTACs (BOMAN vehicle based on BTR-70/80) were lasing targets for Kh-29L & Kh-25ML

boman1.jpg

you can see "Klyon-PS" laser designator from Su-25 mounted on top of BTR :D

Edited by ZHeN
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So they took the laser desg from the frog and bmp mounted it? Or other way around?

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

that's right, no LST

but laser spot is what missile needs, not for weapons management system

what if you launch your Kh-25ML missile manually (Alt+W) in the direction of lased target ? an it will be in the seeker's FOV ?

It is possible but requires very good ground-air coordination, strict safety procedures with strict final attack headings as the missile can go where it detects the strongest laser beam - the source. I don't think this is even simulated in DCS.

that's right

they took laser designator from the frog :) simple as that

See that's what had confused me because the Russian doctrine never slated laser targeting during that time so I guess then it was an adaptation for Afghanistan

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...