HORTON Ho229 v4+ by Polychop Simulations

borchi_2b

• ED Team

I love that someone is doing something with aircraft like this, I hope you do your research and get a ton of testing documents and such, I know they are out there, I really want a high quality FM and really get an idea what it was like to fly this aircraft... good luck guys!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

What Sith said. Amazing plane to just fly and try.

In the end DCS is a Flight simulation foremost focused on military planes... why not go beyond the usual F-16A vs. Mig-29?

Not that these wouldn't get their share of love either.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I don't think it's that unstable.

Min 13:37 a flying wing model built by Horton brothers lands at low speed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDkMIlK67Bw

Also one of the prototypes crashed because of engine failure and it is impossible to fly the plane with just one engine.

I think it's going to be harder to use than the 262 because of the lack of rudder.

You need the rudder for small adjustments when shooting it's harder to fly, shoot without one imho .

This will be a real nice module!

good luck.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

did this aircraft use the same engine as 262 i take it?

From what i read

It was designed for the bmw 003 but it used the jumo 004 (The me 262 engine) untill the 00

3 was ready.

Also i found out it used drag rudders to yaw.

• 3 months later...
Also i found out it used drag rudders to yaw.

Yep. The B-2 uses a similar method, in that to yaw the aileron on that side splits (like the A-10).

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 1 month later...

Really waiting for this one!

ont want to be picky, but i just realised that you wrote HORToN instead of HORTEN, i the Ho229 thread:smartass:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Hi Horten fans,

At the moment we focus directly on the SA342 Gazelle to get the first module done and finshed for release so we had to decide to put some projects on a hold for some time. As soon some of the last touches of the Gazelle are done and all the 3D parts are finally done you may see some updates on this bird, but for now we have put this beauty on hold.

The hardest about this project is actually to find relevant data that is reliable. But there is no challange big enough to stay unmastered.

For now I can only ask you guys for some patience and give us the freedom to concentrate on the first vital project of us.

Little promise of mine, there are interesting things planned :joystick: so stay tuned.

Always a happy landing to all of you.

Thanks for the update, waiting is one of our learned skills as DCSW Simmers!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

I appreciate the update. It's always nice to know what's going on :thumbup:

Keep up the good work!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

How did I miss this? A truly fantastic choice for a plane to develop! This is a sure buy for me. I hope you will do other exotic or ‘what if’ planes like the Ta-183, Bachem Natter or Me-262 HG III. Even if not all data for a totally realistic representation may exist, we can get some idea of what it was to fly the Horten. And the production version may have differed from the prototype on which available data are based anyway.

One of the what if planes I would to see is HA-300. However, it might be just a tad too hard to find relevant information, and I guess radar and weapons would have needed to be guessed.

It just looks like a "better MiG-21", or even a hybrid of MiG and Mirage :).

Anyway, I hope eventually this Horten will see the light of day, awesome looking and interesting aircraft from waning days of WW II.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

@SiThSpAwN:

Thanks alot for the links. I will take a closer look at them when I am home. Any information on this beauty is welcomed and as far I saw it, there are some charts included, which will be interesting for our engireer/ programmer.

As soon we have reviewed the info we will decide what we will do with any information given to us.

As mentioned before, we welcome any help on research for documents on that particular bird or any other plane we have in production.

cheers

borchi_2b

I don't like prototypes. There were 3 prototypes (#1 even without engines). How do you prove the right flight model? Only 4 flights and the last flight ended with a crash and a dead pilot... I think, there are so many other great planes, real planes to simulate correctly.

just my opinion

Any addition to the hangar is appreciated... I think this is a fantastic choice for a Sim, as there are no surviving planes of its kind.

As for the part of "how do you correctly model XYZ", well, I guess like building modern airplanes on CAD and Simulation... Or does anyone think Airbus builds prototype after prototype and use try and error to see if it flies?

If you can accurately model the physical appearance, know some reliable data about engines and stuff, it should be possible to model flight behavior on wind tunnel simulation and other standard mathematic development technologies to get a pretty accurate behavior.

Remember, this is not FSX stock, where a 747 is just a bunch of parameters for roll rate, pitch limit, stall speed etc.

By the way I agree, it is a good idea to focus on getting the Gazelle out the door first. One thing is you give an impression on what you are capable of, and build a customer base, second you generate some cash flow, to finance future project, which is a good idea to keep a healthy budget plan! :D

DCS modules are no Minesweeper clones and take considerable effort and dedication, so patience on our side is the least we can give back in return.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)