VR Shaders mod for better VR experience

@stuartaston I think just to delete some files it is not done. Im new to lua and I try to figure out, what file affects which effect. I also need a version just with HMD-size and MSAA. Can you give us CaptYosi, jason peters, me and some others a hint, how to do such a version?

@CaptYosi I also got this strange clear water-effect, even when deleting the water-file before installing the mod.

Hello, L39Tom:

Using Notepad ++ I have modified in the original DCS file the following 3 lines, in highlighting in bold what I have modified:

line 885: "SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS_REFRACTION(true)));"

line 894: "SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, PS_REFRACTION(false)));"

line 903: "SetPixelShader(CompileShader(ps_5_0, psFilterRefraction(16)));"

I have managed to make the river water in the Caucasus not look so crystal clear. But this change does not affect sea water, which remains just as transparent. I have not investigated again ... Make a copy of the file just in case. Although I suppose that if you have followed the installation instructions of the MOD you will have a backup of the entire "shaders" folder...

I leave the MOD archive file with the only files I currently use. I have included the "water.fx" with the modifications indicated above: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nBGo_kr1VBv9EuyrrAv16_rGc0U7yOWD

I hope this helps you

Edited by CaptYosi

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 3700X, RTX 2080, 32GB 3600MHz, W10 64 & Rift S

Hey fellows.

I noticed some hardware utilization changes lately and I wanted to be sure that it is nothing worry about.

I am on open beta 2.5.6

Using fpsvr data, these are my experience

Before applying vr shaders mod

CPU percentage usage is between 68% - 78%

GPU percentage usage is between 80%-98%

After applying vr shader mod

CPU percentage usage is now most times remain at 98%. The cpu frame times get into the higher 20 and sometimes 30 with red spikes

Gpu is 78-98%

Game still play fine though but I wondering what these changes in cpu could mean.

Hardware is on my signature. Not a cutting rig by the way.

Thanks.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

At least one file is changed:

\DCS World\Bazar\shaders\deferred\Compose.fx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Initially loaded up the OB build without deleting the all of the usual shaders folders. Ran ok online.

Deleted all of the usual shaders ..... recomplied everything in SP. Go to MP menu. IC failure. Remove this shader mod. IC pass.

So I'm back on the stock build now without the shader mod. Seems ok for now. Nothing currently wow-ing me. Reprojection is at auto. Will mess around more.

you understand that the stock shader mod WILL fail the IC pass, you have to mod it to make it work ...

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

So did anyone updated the Compose.fx file?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The new beta introduced something funny...I cant use my mouse with the headset on.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

So, I had an error yesterday on starting DCS. I uninstalled the shaders mod and it worked. Am I supposed to delete the FXO folder and SHADERS folder and re-install the mod to make it work? Or do I need to wait for a new mod version?

Need more info what was the error.

If you upgraded from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 then you need to install the mod for 2.5.6

But it was working fine for me, yes you should reinstall the mod each upgrade because it will ‘fix’ things otherwise

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

OK yeah my problem was windows mixed reality viewer. Really wish that HP would come up with their own proprietary software for this set...

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Need more info what was the error.

If you upgraded from 2.5.5 to 2.5.6 then you need to install the mod for 2.5.6

But it was working fine for me, yes you should reinstall the mod each upgrade because it will ‘fix’ things otherwise

I can't remember what the message said exactly. Basically it was something similar to this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10406

I was on 2.5.6 OB and had the latest mod running.

I went to delete the metacache files in the DCS folder...but to my surprise there are no new shader files? Just the folder with my old.shaders folder I created last time when I installed the mod. Shouldn't I have new shader files there?

I went to delete the metacache files in the DCS folder...but to my surprise there are no new shader files? Just the folder with my old.shaders folder I created last time when I installed the mod. Shouldn't I have new shader files there?

See the answer on that question above many times already here! No, these folders do not get recreated.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I can't remember what the message said exactly. Basically it was something similar to this:

https://forums.eagle.ru/picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10406

I was on 2.5.6 OB and had the latest mod running.

as @imacken says.

you have to reinstall this mod every time you upgrade or it will just break and you have to do it from scratch

as @imacken says.

you have to reinstall this mod every time you upgrade or it will just break and you have to do it from scratch

So basically I just have to delete the files in the FXO folder only because the other files do not get re-generated? And then apply the MOD again?

Follow the instructions in the readme every time you reinstall the mod.

Not just FXO, metashaders2 as well.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

is the mod compatible with latest open beta? imho the compose.fx file is very different and should be adapted not just replaced with the moded one.

Am I wrong?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

OK, but doing just a replace didn't basically discarded maybe some improvements were put in the file with latest patch?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]