Can't Embark Troops

martinistripes

I know it sounds intimidating at first, but believe me, its worth it! Setting up CTLD is super simple in the end and it works 100%. We in the 132nd use it all the time and could not even imagine DCS without it. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

super easy setup to just get simple troop transport working:

step 1:

download ctld

step 2:

set a trigger in your mission time more 1 do scriptfile MIST (to be found in the CTLD download)

set another trigger in the mission editor time more 2 do scriptfile CTLD (also to be found in the CTLD download)

step 3:

create a zone in your mission and name it pickzone1

in this area, you will be able to pick up troops!

step 4:

name your helicopter helicargo1 (need to set the unit name, not the group name)

thats it, now you should have CTLD options available with the F10 menu. You can fly to your pickzone, land, pick up troops. Fly somewhere else, land and let them disembark. do NOT use DCS built-in embarking disembarking options, use CTLD via F10 radio menu.

I typed this in haste and from memory I hope its accurate, the exact procedure should be very well detailed in the CTLD download. You can modify all options to your hearts content in the CTLD lua directly but this should get you started.

EDIT and CTLD is not just a work around its far more powerful than DCS's built-in options. You can use it to deploy smoke also with non-JTAC units, deploy radio beacons on the fly and much more

EDIT and I am not the creator of CTLD, just a super happy user thanks Ciribob!

Edited by EntropySG
  • Like 1

This feature has always been problematic in the Mi8. It worked for a time, and then after an update, it stopped working, then they fixed it but not completely. Troops would not embark if they were under fire or if enemy were within firing distance, and then several updates ago, it went away again. It is also messed up for the Huey.

I rarely fly the Mi8, partly because of the lack of this feature. I don't even use it as a troop transport in mission I create because it's pretty jacked all the way around on this.

Too bad.................It's a nice module other than this issue, but unfortunately, its the feature I used most with it.

• 4 months later...

Try it I'd say. Until the merge I wouldn't touch ED's implementation of em- and disembarking with a 10 feet pole.

With CTLD, No problems regardless of version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Respect

Actually, if you look into "Shapes" folder, which is located here on my comp. (pic below)

DiAtspbhdBE.jpg

You'll find few more new soldiers, like US, Georgian and Insurgent ) but, I couldn't find some of them in the sim

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

I am still finding this troublesome. In SP it does tend to work OK, but if you're a client on a server I haven't yet had the troopdrop work properly -a mix of loading or more likely unloading issues and very often a game crash -most times TBH.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

159th Guards Aviation Regiment; recruiting now! http://www.159thgar.com/

We now fly all modern Jets and Helos

I am still finding this troublesome. In SP it does tend to work OK, but if you're a client on a server I haven't yet had the troopdrop work properly -a mix of loading or more likely unloading issues and very often a game crash -most times TBH.

Well, haven't tried it in MP, but in SP it has some bugs too

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

How many Kg short of max load were you when you started loading troops ?

I just went back to the test I made and it seems I was already near max.

Just now I removed all weapons and some fuel so I was more than 3000kg under max. Still only 4 soldiers embarked out of a group of 10.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM