Coalition setting

Angus

hello ed:)

in the mission editor we can choose 3 coalitions , blue, red and neutral. But it is impossible to place a unit of neutral coalition.

we can not therefore establish a scenario where the red would conflict against the neutral and blue should fight the reds and neutral .:(

can you make it possible? Please .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know that :thumbup:.

but if i choose for example "Insurgent" in neutral coalition ,i don't find Insurgent in the list for create a ground unit or a fly .

In the countries list, i see only Blue or red countries ...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 9 months later...

This is something I really would like to see as well. Best would be if we could design it in a dynamic way. For example so the mission designer can set how many coalitions he want. I believe this could result in some really fantastic campaigns and multiplayer scenarios.

I would actually like this more than new modules.

Skickat från min GT-S7275R via Tapatalk

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

+1 I wished for this here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=161289 (which in turn had something similar wished before it as well).

Personally I'd not just like a third coalition, I'd like to be able to add, rename, and remove coalitions at will from the mission editor as well as set their allegiance to each other. Not to mention being able to change which countries are in each coalition which REALLY needs to be sorted...

It would allow for much better use out of say the Insurgents and USAF aggressors, at the moment they have to be allied to other BLUFOR or REDFOR or not exist which can limit the possibilities.

I'd personally like to be able to determine allegiance via triggers during a mission, so that say 2 coalitions are aligned against another and then something happens and one of the coalitions joins forces with the other (kind of like the green on blue situation at the start of ARMA 3's campaign).

I would actually like this more than new modules.

^^ This - There are so many things that I would like to see added/implemented/expanded/improved/fixed in DCS where feasible that I'd infinitely prefer over just adding stuff. I can thing of quite a few things where things have just been added, but the current stuff gets seemingly forgotten about and becomes even more of an immersion killer by comparison. I mean I don't mind paying a fee for improvements, I really don't

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 4 months later...

+1 for this , we REALLY need a neutral faction that neither side will engage

So we can place objects in the editor, eg commerical planes that no one will engage can fly about in the map

In the editor we could just select a coalition that is neither RED or BLUE

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

+1

It's sad to put the insurgent faction on the blue side all the time and not be able to blow the up w/o scoring a friendly kill.

time for some combined OPS. Bring that 3rd coalition for the win!!

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 7 months later...

+1 for a neutral/civilian coalition in DCS !

any news and/or progress on this? :music_whistling:

also, would love to see some sort of 'GLOBAL ROE & ROT' option that would set it for all!

Edited by Teschmacher

My custom made aircraft skins and other content for DCS World!

WIN 10  / 64Gb RAM DDR4 @ 4000mhz / i9-10900KF @ 5.3ghz / NVIDIA GeForce 3090 RTX / SSD Samsung EVO 970 / VIRPIL / MFG Crosswind / Pimax 5k+ 

• 4 months later...

I would go further..

You define as many coalitions as you want. And then you can even set the relation between them. Neutral, Hostile , Friendly.

With a a trigger added.

Neutral Coalition becomes Hostile.

This will give you something to think about before you start shooting like a crazy.

Let say... Scenary.

-Civil war in Iran, there are friendly (russian and iranian goverment )

- then you have the Iranian Rebels (russian enemy)

- And Nato, who are neutral to you (not friendly) but alsoThey are carrying thwir own operations against Rebels.

In this scenary, with 3 sides, if you shoot (as russian) any american, the americans becomes hostile to you too.

This, besides it can give you very interesting political situations, it gives you something to think about before shooting, ROEs etc.

And to me, flying and aircraft is one thing, but all this concerns add a lot of inmersion.

So far, I am trying to do this, but using scripts avoiding attack, and make them invisible to enemies (IA) ... But this is quite annoying.

even the level of defense of a nation seems to me that the maximum is DEFCON-1

increase the tension in the game and the level of difficulty

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON

What do you mean, and how does this relate to an additional faction(s) in DCS? :huh:

What do you mean, and how does this relate to an additional faction(s) in DCS? :huh:

it refers to the enemy BLUE OR RED because in DCS there are only 2 there are no other COLORS GREEN YELLOW BLACK ..... as soon as DEFCOM increases, more planes will take off and more tanks will move.

it refers to the enemy BLUE OR RED because in DCS there are only 2 there are no other COLORS GREEN YELLOW BLACK ..... as soon as DEFCOM increases, more planes will take off and more tanks will move.

What does DEFCON have to do with it?

• 2 months later...
I would go further..

You define as many coalitions as you want. And then you can even set the relation between them. Neutral, Hostile , Friendly.

With a a trigger added.

Neutral Coalition becomes Hostile.

This will give you something to think about before you start shooting like a crazy.

Let say... Scenary.

-Civil war in Iran, there are friendly (russian and iranian goverment )

- then you have the Iranian Rebels (russian enemy)

- And Nato, who are neutral to you (not friendly) but alsoThey are carrying thwir own operations against Rebels.

In this scenary, with 3 sides, if you shoot (as russian) any american, the americans becomes hostile to you too.

This, besides it can give you very interesting political situations, it gives you something to think about before shooting, ROEs etc.

And to me, flying and aircraft is one thing, but all this concerns add a lot of inmersion.

So far, I am trying to do this, but using scripts avoiding attack, and make them invisible to enemies (IA) ... But this is quite annoying.

+1

At least additionally a neutral coalition is really necessary. Would have needed this very often ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1