MIDS / Link-16

backspace340

I was ecstatic to see that the data link functionality is now a 'Priority' for development as I think it's going to be a big game-changer for the Hornet (and DCS in general). However, something piqued my interest in the list of priority features that Wags announced:

MIDS / Link-16 for SA page, HUD, A/A radar, and JHMCS

I'm pretty sure I understand how MIDS / Link-16 helps/functions on the SA page and A/A radar - it gives you trackfiles/airborne targets identified and transmitted from outside your plane (i.e. spotted by an E-2 or the Stennis etc) as well as wingmen's positions etc. However, I've got absolutely no clue how it would help/function on the HUD or JHMCS - does anyone know?

And yes that means you can look around in 3D space for friends, foes, tankers, AWACS, etc.

That is awesome, and exactly what I was hoping for - you wouldn't happen to have any videos/pictures that show how that works would you?

That'll be such a benefit - I'm guessing it'll basically be like having labels turned on and as a VR user with not perfect eyesight that sounds amazing.

While that's awesome and I can't wait...

The F35 is much more advanced :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)