Hornet update?

Ragnar65

The Update says:

ME = Mission Editor and there it works perfectly fine!

It is not working if you do it in a mission via the ream-menu.

Sorry for being that dumb, In the ME i only see the previous 3 preset loadouts (which one is empty) and in the payload menu there is no box to check / uncheck for removing pylons ...:huh:

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for being that dumb, In the ME i only see the previous 3 preset loadouts (which one is empty) and in the payload menu there is no box to check / uncheck for removing pylons ...:huh:

Did you update? If you updated you should see that function.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

How are you getting them to work? I was using the carrier takeoff Instant Action in PG and when I removed the pylon by right clicking and then asked for rearming, they never disappear.
In the ME in a new mission

I did the update 1h ago, DCS says it is updated to the 2.5.2.18521.394 .....

In the ME in a new mission

Toma raises a good point. You can also try re-saving the previous mission with post-update for the new changes to take effect.

Toma raises a good point. You can also try re-saving the previous mission with post-update for the new changes to take effect.

That's what i did. I opened my basic training mission for carrier takeoff and landing + AAR training, copied an existing loadout and just removed the pylons, saved the mission. Shown in the pictures above.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Started a brand new mission but all I can see in the Hornet payload are the old 3 preset payloads, no right click available for removing pylons here

I missed that message. Thanks for the clarification! :thumbup:

Edit:

From NATOPS:

With weight on the wheels and launch bar extended or the arresting
hook DOWN, the afterburner lockout extends and the finger lifts must be raised or a force of
approximately 32 pounds must be applied before the throttles can be moved to MAX.

Is that extended in the literal sense I wonder because when you are actually hooked up to the catapult and ready to go, the bar is in the retracted state in the cockpit.

Win 11 Professional, I7-12700K, 32GB DDR5, 3090, 2x 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe , 2x VKB Gunfighter mk III, MCG Ultimate, SCG, Orion 2 Throttle, Thrustmaster TPR pedals, Pimax Crystal 

Started a brand new mission but all I can see in the Hornet payload are the old 3 preset payloads, no right click available for removing pylons here

Are you trying from Al Dahfra? I think there is a previous bug with that airbase.

• ED Team
Is there a noticeable reduction in drag with the pylons gone? I know the main point of this is to have a cleaner look while performing "air shows".

currently only cosmetic, this will change in the future.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Is that extended in the literal sense I wonder because when you are actually hooked up to the catapult and ready to go, the bar is in the retracted state in the cockpit.

The launch bar is held in the shuttle no matter what position the switch is in.

2.10.4 Launch Bar System. The launch bar is hydraulically extended and retracted by redundant springs. A locking tab mechanically locks the launch bar in the up position. A two position (EXTEND and RETRACT) launch bar switch on the lower left corner of the main instrument panel controls launch bar operation. As the launch bar extends the green L BAR advisory light comes on. When the launch bar is fully extended it is held against the deck by deck load control springs. The control springs allow vertical movement of the launch bar during taxi. As the aircraft is taxied into the launch gear the launch bar drops over the shuttle and is held captive in the extended position as the shuttle is tensioned. On aircraft 161353 THRU 161715, when both throttles are advanced to or above MIL, a throttle switch is made, the green L BAR advisory light goes out and the launch bar switch returns to RETRACT. Before AFC 081, if the launch bar switch is not deenergized to RETRACT after the throttles are advanced to MIL, the red L BAR warning light comes on. On aircraft 161716 AND UP,

the launch bar switch does not return to RETRACT when both throttles are advanced to MIL or above. The green L BAR advisory light goes out when the switch is placed to RETRACT. If the red L BAR warning light is on with the switch in RETRACT, an electrical fault exists which prevents launch bar retraction after launch. At the completion of the catapult stroke, launch bar/catapult separation occurs and the return springs cause launch bar retraction which allows the landing gear to be retracted. If the launch bar fails to retract after the aircraft is launched, the red L BAR warning light comes on and the nosewheel does not retract. A launch bar circuit breaker is on the left essential circuit breaker panel and when pulled deenergizes the launch bar electrical system.

I've tried loading DCS a few times since the update was announced this afternoon, but the auto updater hasn't ran. Still have 2.52.18307.

I've tried rebooting the PC.

Any ideas?

The auto updater is only looking once a day for updates. Just click on your windows start icon, go to the Eagle Dynamics folder and click on Update DCS World Open Beta and have fun. :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I've tried loading DCS a few times since the update was announced this afternoon, but the auto updater hasn't ran. Still have 2.52.18307.

I've tried rebooting the PC.

Any ideas?

The updater only checks once every 24 hours. If you have played DCS in the past 23 hours, prior to the update, it will not check for an update.

Works as designed.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

32 pounds of force is quite a bit though, isn't it?

Descent enough, and is probably a safety feature in the event the pilot needs to select AB as the first reaction is probably not to reach for the finger lifts. I would remain doubtful that it’s the “usual” way of selecting AB if necessary, probably more so a secondary way of getting there.

Many Thanks,

Updating now via Skatezilla's GUI Interface.

Good choice! I use Skatezilla’s GUI exclusively and it works every time! Thanks Skate...

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Does that mean that realism corners are being cut to make things more user-friendly? I would find that a darn shame:(

How realistic are 99% of people flying the sim now by using a button when virtually no one has fingerpifts on their flight stick?

You do realize you have the option to have it both ways now right? The choice is yours.