Occasional bug with HUD and bombs

Stache

Once in a while, I have a bug where I set manual depression and the reticle doesn't move. also occasionally bombs won't separate from the rack. anyone else?

——————

i7 7820x 4.3ghz

Asus tuf x299 mk 2

32gig G.skill 3200mhz ram

500gig ssd OS

2x 1tb ssd raid 0

GeForce GTX 1080

HTC Vive

• 3 weeks later...

I had this once after rearm on the base. I flew a bit around. Landed, remarmed with bombs, then I had this problem. Depression wasn't moving in any direction and I was unable to release a bomb. No jettison or whatsoever still active.

German Squadron "Serious Uglies"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Skyfire

Intel 10700K | SSD for system and DCS | 32 Gb RAM | Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 | HP Reverb G2

Once in a while, I have a bug where I set manual depression and the reticle doesn't move. also occasionally bombs won't separate from the rack. anyone else?

I got the bombs bug as well

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 5820K, 32GB DDR4, 3x250GB SSD RAID0, nVidia GTX 1080, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, Virpil WarBird base with Thrustmaster Warthog grip, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals - 2484.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I also experience your issues. THe sight stops working, and attempting to release bomb on wing pylons , actually launches the AIM-9. Even though all the switches are set correctly.

To assure bomb release, DO NOT arm guns/missiles, and do not power up wingtip pylons. I think there is a fire control bug or malfunction where the system is confused as to which weapon to launch, and it defaults to AA SRM . Center pylon bombs are not affected. Only wing pylons. Rockets are not effected and are fired.

In combat this sucks, as to assure AG weapon release.

For a given bomb run the switchology should be;

Weapon delivery mode is set to Bomb or Ripple

Only pylons with bomb to be released should be ON. Rest are OFF.

Bomb fusing set to Nose for MK lowdrag bombs and M117 bomb. Nose/Tail for retarded (gigity) bombs.

Sight set to Manual with DEPR set to 80-100 (Down) as appropriate given the bombing tables.

Guns/MSL Arm is OFF.

That does it, at least for me, but I find the whole thing kind of silly. As coming off a bomb run, with enemy air threat, you have to quickly set ARM Gun/MSL and set Sight to MSL or Guns1 or Guns2, and turn wingtip pylons to ON. If time allows, set Fuse to SAFE, Weapon selector to OFF. Now you are in pure AA mode.

Regardless of weapons and sight setting, you still have to watch for SAMs and AAA, and be ready to drop chaff/flares.

Common methodology for switchology , trained in RW armed forces (in NATO) is W.I.N.

What's Important Now.

So once at IP, run the lighting fingers of death, to set switches as needed for bomb delivery.

Coming off the target, assuming good release, watch for SAM and AAA, then air for threats. Drop chaff and flares anyway.

Then have lightning fingers of death configure switches and sight for rockets AG, or Air2Air mode.

LFoD need to be practiced. With WIN.

Priority #1 scan for threats, be ready with chaff/flares. Gun/MSL Arm is ON, wingtip pylons are ON.

Priority #2 Set bomb AG switches and sight correctly

Priority #3 Execute weapon delivery , then revert to Pri#1.

If clear of threats,

Priority #4 Set switches for rockets , if any. May be skipped if no rockets are carried.

Revert to Pri#1.

To be fair, Mig-21Bis switchology is worse then F-5E. Especially for bomb delivery, and guided AG missiles.

3rd gen types just don't have the 4th gen avionics with instant AA-AG mode HOTAS button.