1.5.8 AV-8B N/A - External MFD Export Issue

deadlyfishes

I use another external monitor to show my plane's MFDs.

The MFDs only show up properly in the harrier ONLY when you are in F2 EXTERNAL view. When I'm in interior cockpit view, the screen is completely black.

I know it's a bug, but it's kind of useless to have them working only when in external view ;)

"Through The Inferno"

Endless, Dynamic, Open-World Experience for DCS World

Check out the control settings. There are 2 commands that you need to assign keystrokes to in order to enable left or right off export. A bit like the m2000. I have mine set to ctrl+a and ctrl+d.

Thanks, I didn't know about this, worked great!

"Through The Inferno"

• 2 weeks later...
Deadlyfishes,

How are you getting the MFDs on your second screen?

I watched this video tutorial:

Works great with the harrier after a few times re-sizing the windows in the monitor position editor.

Because it's not a third party app, once you set some values and get the window sizes and positions you want, you have to save it and relaunch DCS everytime, but it's not too bad, maybe 2 or 3 tries to get it to fit well with all MFD exports.

image.jpg?width=732&height=549

Edited by deadlyfishes

"Through The Inferno"

that looks like its using third party software. It should be native function of the monitor setup file.

It's not third party software to run the MFD export.

It's running natively in DCS only.

The software helps you visually set up the files DCS needs to properly put your MFD exports exactly where you want them.

Yes, you can edit the lua files manually using values only, but it's very difficult to do that if you can't really see what those values are doing.

"Through The Inferno"

How do you get the Harrier?I keep getting the A-10.

The tool uses the A10 layout to help you edit the MFD exports. The settings you apply will work for any aircraft that use MFD exports, even FC3 aircraft do it :)

"Through The Inferno"

Check out the control settings. There are 2 commands that you need to assign keystrokes to in order to enable left or right off export. A bit like the m2000. I have mine set to ctrl+a and ctrl+d.

That worked. Now all we need it Capt Zeen to make that AV-8 Helios file and we are golden :thumbup:

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The tool uses the A10 layout to help you edit the MFD exports. The settings you apply will work for any aircraft that use MFD exports, even FC3 aircraft do it :)

Oh man, I've been looking all over and your link helped me a ton, but I'm also only getting it for the A-10. I'm not sure what you mean in this response. How do I get it to activate when I start up the harrier? Do I need to edit a lua file? I opened the lua file in the \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup located and it didn't look like there was anything to edit to point to the harrier.

I'm so close to multi-monitor harrier glory, I can taste it!! :pilotfly:

Oh man, I've been looking all over and your link helped me a ton, but I'm also only getting it for the A-10. I'm not sure what you mean in this response. How do I get it to activate when I start up the harrier? Do I need to edit a lua file? I opened the lua file in the \Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup located and it didn't look like there was anything to edit to point to the harrier.

I'm so close to multi-monitor harrier glory, I can taste it!! :pilotfly:

Nevermind, I found it! Looks like you have to keybind the export command in-game under the key binding section. Man it looks pretty.

• 2 years later...