Q-Feel and FFB

Sadist_Cain

• 2 weeks later...

The thing that I miss most from the G940 are the 8 buttons at throttle base and then the FF (Force Feedback) on stick.

The input you get to your hand with FF is just so valuable with every module, more than any instrument really in the cockpit. Combine the FF with the VR and you get very good feeling how the aircraft is behaving and you can react to it before you do a mistake or before you push aircraft over the limits.

With Harrier it gets very natural to do landings compared to non-FF stick.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

The thing that I miss most from the G940 are the 8 buttons at throttle base and then the FF (Force Feedback) on stick.

The input you get to your hand with FF is just so valuable with every module, more than any instrument really in the cockpit. Combine the FF with the VR and you get very good feeling how the aircraft is behaving and you can react to it before you do a mistake or before you push aircraft over the limits.

With Harrier it gets very natural to do landings compared to non-FF stick.

Well the Harrier *should* have pressure build up on the stick as airspeed increases over a certain threshold.

There should also be something to do with the puffer jets when in a Hover though I'm not sure what the feedback from that is supposed to be.

As it stands currently you can increase the Gain values in the forcefeedback.lua to get a lil more tension on the stick but thats about it from what I can tell.

• 2 weeks later...