Engine Start Cheat causes CTD

Woxof

I've tried it at different locations and with different loadouts. The startup sequence progresses just fine until it gets to "Battery Switch, 24.5 volts minimum". At that point I get a very sudden, complete CTD. I checked in Task Manager, and no shred of DCS World is left running. It's all gone.

This happens every time (out of a dozen tries). Help, please.

EDIT: I should add that this started happening today, and it occurred both before and after today's update. I've run Repair multiple times to no effect. Also, I was able to get it started and have it running last night, although I was having problems then with control axes (throttle, rudder and nozzles) being dropped repeatedly. Different problem, that. I'm only mentioning it here in the interest of giving the complete story. Let's get the engine running first before haring off after other troubles. One calamity at a time.

Thanks.

Edited by Woxof

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Thanks Doc! Engine start is all better. Now if I can just get my controller problem fixed.....

I assign an axis to the Pro Throttle in CH Control Manager. Save the .map and download it into the controllers. Assign that axis as the throttle control in the sim. Get into the airplane, fire it up, and the airplane throttle cannot be moved by the Pro Throttle. It stays at 50% no matter what. I can't even move it using the keyboard controls.

I've tried other axes to see if there is a difference. Nope. I even swapped the axis for the throttle with the one for the nozzle control, which was working fine. After the swap, it still does, using the axis which did not work for the throttle, which is still dead. I also verifed that my KB throttle control assignments are still intact in the sim. Now what?

Am I missing something? (Besides throttle control, ha ha.......) Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Woxof
typos

Throttle working now

Before somebody jumps in to school me on the parking brake, I should mention that I knew about that, and it wasn't the problem. Except, as it turns out, it kinda was.

I was flying the Harrier quite a bit back in August, just starting to learn it, but my buddy and I decided to focus on the A-10C before moving on to the newer planes. So I hadn't touched it since then.

Now that we're getting comfortable in the Hog, I came back to the Harrier. After startup I would always give the parking brake a little cursory click just before trying to taxi, and I did the same thing today. But it didn't release. After wasting a lot more time messing with it than I probably should have, all I can conclude is that the click spot for brake release is a lot touchier than it used to be.

Anybody else notice that? And is there anywhere on the panel or the HUD where it says if the brake is on or off?