L-39 ZA flight issues

Aries101

Hello guys.

I bought Alby couple of days agon and love it. Today I started to fly with ZA variant and quickly noticed few "issues" with takeoff and landing. I am not sure is it a bug, flying characteristic of plane or what but with higher payload is even more prominent.

So to keep it short, plane opn take off and landing like to pitch up EXTREMLY heavily and I needed to counter that on take off with almost full forward push of my Joystick. I thought emediatelly of problem wioth joystick but then all was fine couple days ago with mirage and other planes I got.

So any info is more than welcome and also I maybe missing something special I need to do before takoff GC (balance) wise...

EDIT: I also forgot to add that it seems that on ZA variant my elevator trim is not working...that is kinda weird...

Any help is apreciated.

Edited by Aries101

EDIT: I also forgot to add that it seems that on ZA variant my elevator trim is not working...that is kinda weird...

Problems probably related then . I forget if Za and c have same controller profile ? Have you tried checking control bindings while in flight ?

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

No, they're slightly different, the button/switches in cockpit are different, too, as well as placed in different locations. The ZA is also faster than the C.

I never had issue flying it, in fact it's one of the more popular aircraft around here. There's something funky going on on your end. Double check power switches, activation for trim, etc, etc.

You may be manhandling the stick too much, too. The L-39 takes off/lands much lower speed than the other planes.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Here is update...

First time I was hosting a game. No lag all fine and dandy..but me and my wingman had same issues there. SO I presume it is some akward setting done in mission editor since only L-39 ZA had that issue. :(

later on we went onto another friends hosted game and all was pitch perfect.

Controls are separate and i had them redo from start. That is ok now. ALso trimming did work on other server but not on my hosted game.

Planes were set to start from parking hot, set on client with 4 pylons of S-5's.

On moth server same loadout and takeofff setting. One had issues, other not.

Also, mirage is just fine... Maybe mission editor also has some bugs..dunno..Or I am most likely missing some settings in editor. I wonder can i upload mission file so you can check it out?

Update:

I had no peace so I scrambled totaly fresh mission and placed ole ZA on parking with engines off. I added in game 4 S-5 weapon pylons and tried to took of with one notch of flaps. I got same issues as before. So Now I am even more confused. I can fly ZA on other servers but not in solo game? or on my server?. I am short of getting nuts here. I know that there is a lot of bugs. But that think with all controls on neutral with onyl throttle full forward and it pitch up almost on start..maybe at 40 kmh and it pitch up my itself up to tail strike on ground.

Well I wait for ideas some time and then off to devs...this plane was not cheap to do that .

Well I wait for ideas some time and then off to devs...this plane was not cheap to do that .

Looking at "VP Ground attack practice mission 1 def.miz" and reading it's 'options' file :

The difficulty section has

• ["easyFlight"] = true

meaning it was saved with Options>Gameplay>Game Flight Mode 'enabled'

This is likely the cause of your problems and why behaviour was different when your friend hosted a mission.

• If you disable the 'Game Flight Mode' and resave the mission, you'll probably fix your issue.

'Options' file difficulty section for reference.

["difficulty"] = 
   {
       ["padlock"] = true,
       ["geffect"] = "realistic",
       ["easyRadar"] = false,
       ["cockpitStatusBarAllowed"] = false,
       ["miniHUD"] = false,
       ["permitCrash"] = true,
       ["birds"] = 0,
       ["optionsView"] = "optview_all",
       ["setGlobal"] = true,
       ["immortal"] = false,
       ["avionicsLanguage"] = "english",
       ["cockpitVisualRM"] = false,
       ["map"] = true,
       ["reports"] = true,
       ["hideStick"] = false,
       ["radio"] = false,
       [color="Red"]["easyFlight"] = true,[/color]
       ["tips"] = true,
       ["spectatorExternalViews"] = true,
       ["userMarks"] = true,
       ["units"] = "metric",
       ["userSnapView"] = true,
       ["RBDAI"] = true,
       ["externalViews"] = true,
       ["iconsTheme"] = "nato",
       ["fuel"] = false,
       ["weapons"] = false,
       ["easyCommunication"] = true,
       ["labels"] = true,
   }, -- end of ["difficulty"]

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Looking at "VP Ground attack practice mission 1 def.miz" and reading it's 'options' file :

The difficulty section has

• ["easyFlight"] = true

meaning it was saved with Options>Gameplay>Game Flight Mode 'enabled'

This is likely the cause of your problems and why behaviour was different when your friend hosted a mission.

• If you disable the 'Game Flight Mode' and resave the mission, you'll probably fix your issue.

'Options' file difficulty section for reference.

["difficulty"] = 
{
["padlock"] = true,
["geffect"] = "realistic",
["easyRadar"] = false,
["cockpitStatusBarAllowed"] = false,
["miniHUD"] = false,
["permitCrash"] = true,
["birds"] = 0,
["optionsView"] = "optview_all",
["setGlobal"] = true,
["immortal"] = false,
["avionicsLanguage"] = "english",
["cockpitVisualRM"] = false,
["map"] = true,
["reports"] = true,
["hideStick"] = false,
["radio"] = false,
[color=Red]["easyFlight"] = true,[/color]
["tips"] = true,
["spectatorExternalViews"] = true,
["userMarks"] = true,
["units"] = "metric",
["userSnapView"] = true,
["RBDAI"] = true,
["externalViews"] = true,
["iconsTheme"] = "nato",
["fuel"] = false,
["weapons"] = false,
["easyCommunication"] = true,
["labels"] = true,
}, -- end of ["difficulty"][/Code]

Ramsay, you were absolutely right! I unchecked that box and it flies like a charm now. That also explains weird KA 50 behaviour too that guys were having.

It is weird since I expected much more clearer "simple game mode" flight model. When I first installed game, this was checked and since I had no idea what it meant I left it on.

Might be good idea that devs make this line much more easier to understand.

Anyway, big thanks for help and I am off to enjoy flying with my favourite plane. :pilotfly: