DCS: MiG-23MLA by RAZBAM

MrDieing

The real appropriate contemporary to the Mig23 will be a LAte Model F4E that former BST team ( now ED) has down the pipeline.

Mig23 WIll be an underdog to the F14B, one should not be deluded into thinking theyl be shooting down Tomcats like its nuthin.

From a real life perspective Looking at K/D ratio, Tomcats ( Iranian Flown in particular) shot down loads of Iraqi mig23's.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

When discussing this F-14 vs Mig-23 matter, you should keep in mind, that you are comparing a 30 million dollar jet (at that time) to a 4 million one (very, very rough estimate, please correct me if I am wrong)

If you want a fair experiment, let the Tomcat fight against as many Migs as the same amount of money can buy. It will not be a one sided fight anymore, I assume...

The production numbers also show that difference : 5000 Mig-23s vs 700 F-14s. In a cold war gone hot scenario, there would have been a literal wall of Migs.

Sure, going head on 1v1 is suicide for the Mig-23. There should be not much to argue about that... Favourable numbers and GCI is a must.

When discussing this F-14 vs Mig-23 matter, you should keep in mind, that you are comparing a 30 million dollar jet (at that time) to a 4 million one (very, very rough estimate, please correct me if I am wrong)

If you want a fair experiment, let the Tomcat fight against as many Migs as the same amount of money can buy. It will not be a one sided fight anymore, I assume...

The production numbers also show that difference : 5000 Mig-23s vs 700 F-14s. In a cold war gone hot scenario, there would have been a literal wall of Migs.

Sure, going head on 1v1 is suicide for the Mig-23. There should be not much to argue about that... Favourable numbers and GCI is a must.

That is the most understated point when comparing planes. I wish rep would still be a thing...

Even if you put the Mig-23 price on the high side, that's around 4 Migs for a F-14B, IMO (limited, not a SME) the odds would be for the migs.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

That is the most understated point when comparing planes. I wish rep would still be a thing...

Even if you put the Mig-23 price on the high side, that's around 4 Migs for a F-14B, IMO (limited, not a SME) the odds would be for the migs.

To rely on GCI is a weak point. Look at Israelis F-15 Vs Syrian Mig-23 in Bekaa valley :music_whistling:

DCS World isn't an accurate representation of Electronic Warfare...

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Uh.......good luck. You really think when the Tomcat drops folks are gonna just up and leave it to fly this heap?

I am not going to fallow your poisoned arrows buddy. If you want to know the real deal, go and read about Kh-22. F-14 will be sunk not shot down. Just if you want to keep a realistic view. Mig-23 is a tactical fighter.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To rely on GCI is a weak point. Look at Israelis F-15 Vs Syrian Mig-23 in Bekaa valley :music_whistling:

Sure, but those same F-15's and F-16's relied heavily on the E-2C control, so the problem is not with relying on guidance, but of technological superiority, tactics and pilot training of the opposing side.

The Syrian Army apparently couldn't even handle basic armor tactics, so they would have probably lost the war even if you switched the equipment around.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Where is the MIG-23??? take my money RAZBAM!

Work on it is supposed to start after the MiG-19.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Everytime I read those Soviet vs USA comparisons, accompanied by jingoism, I ask myself what the USA would have been capable of building and producing, if their homeland, their buildings and production plants would have been as destroyed as the ones of the Soviet Union after WW2...

Sorry, just needed to get this off my chest.

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Everytime I read those Soviet vs USA comparisons, accompanied by jingoism, I ask myself what the USA would have been capable of building and producing, if their homeland, their buildings and production plants would have been as destroyed as the ones of the Soviet Union after WW2...

Sorry, just needed to get this off my chest.

I can think about another country who was rather destroyed...forbidden to develop such things as military planes or tanks...and those industry that was still left was taken away from others...oh wait they now build one of the best tanks and uboats in the world...

And the Soviet Union took it´s industry and put it out of the range of enemy bombers...I think they hadn´t such a hard time building and developing new things like you stated.

vCVW-17 / VF-74

Just make a coop player only option for the F-14 with no Jester Ai and there will be a lot more MiG-23 on the server than F-14.

Don't quite get this; why are so many people, so butt hurt over Jester? Or is this just going to be the status quo, people getting butt hurt when a Tomcat kills them with guns, then screech:

"REEEEEEE BAN JESTER IN MP!!one111eleven"

Personally, I don't care, I just want the Flogger. My body is ready to get shot down by better planes. I'll still fly it.

Don't quite get this; why are so many people, so butt hurt over Jester? Or is this just going to be the status quo, people getting butt hurt when a Tomcat kills them with guns, then screech:

"REEEEEEE BAN JESTER IN MP!!one111eleven"

Personally, I don't care, I just want the Flogger. My body is ready to get shot down by better planes. I'll still fly it.

People will be butthurt all over the place when the Tomcat releases. Those that got killed by the Phoenix ubermissile and those that will cry it is nerfed and useless.

Point is the former would have been killed by anything shot at them and the latter would have missed with anything you gave them. Same with jester or no jester. Typical dcs arcade crowd.

Fact is the Mig23 is BADLY needed and I would be super exited to fly it despite being a Tomcat junkie.

I can think about another country who was rather destroyed...forbidden to develop such things as military planes or tanks...and those industry that was still left was taken away from others...oh wait they now build one of the best tanks and uboats in the world...

Oh, you mean the country that got fed by the USA's Marshall Plan?

I think they hadn´t such a hard time building and developing new things like you stated.

Of course not, with only 1.700 erased cities, 32.000 destroyed factories and 27 million dead people, there was nothing to worry about, really.

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

Oh, you mean the country that got fed by the USA's Marshall Plan?

Of course not, with only 1.700 erased cities, 32.000 destroyed factories and 27 million dead people, there was nothing to worry about, really.

I would have a lot to say about pre-WW2 URSS and Germany relations. Because before WW2 they were best friends.

But all these sh... are out of topic, isn't it guys ?

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

As far as I'm concerned, any Cold War attack/ fighter plane is welcomed :pilotfly:

This. The greater the range of modules the better imo

• Like 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

MiG-23MLA will be the most modern RED fighter (excluding simplified FC planes).

Together with MiG-21bis it is the most needed plane for DCS multiplayer.

Thatl technically be the jf17 thunder

• Like 1

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As far as I'm concerned, any Cold War attack/ fighter plane is welcomed :pilotfly:

Yes I agree, i too bought the mig21 even before it has the f5e as a contemporary.

Although the Mig23mla is primarily a2a fighter/interceptor variant with limited ground attack capability.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro