Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50 CM... 2 Grip!

Cyph3r

I missed the initial batch?

Oh well...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just read the first batch won’t have the upgraded trigger???! I’m confused now. Something weird is going on. I don’t believe they sold any. I think they pulled them from sale. Just my personal belief. I had one in my cart too and then bang. Out of stock.

Yeah just saw the note on the product page:

The triggers are now manufactured with an enhanced polyamide material to increase their durability. NOTE: The first batches of the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 grip will have standard construction triggers until further notice.

That would be a no go for me as I have already been through a broken trigger.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I just read the first batch won’t have the upgraded trigger???! I’m confused now. Something weird is going on. I don’t believe they sold any. I think they pulled them from sale. Just my personal belief. I had one in my cart too and then bang. Out of stock.

They sold at least one, thats what my order confirmation is telling me.

@Trigger

I use my CM for nearly a year now and had no problems with the standard design trigger. But i'm looking forward to the increased number of buttons.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

They sold at least one, thats what my order confirmation is telling me.

@Trigger

I use my CM for nearly a year now and had no problems with the standard design trigger. But i'm looking forward to the increased number of buttons.

I don’t know how you did...one second i had the page telling me the restock was in progress, 1 minute later i had the out of stock page

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Tried to snatch one but man it went OOS very fast.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I don’t know how you did...one second i had the page telling me the restock was in progress, 1 minute later i had the out of stock page

Yeah, the page was very slow and i had to reload it several times because the checkout button was not responding...and other pages before i could finally pay via PayPal. PayPal confirmation was at 6:15am before i got the VIRPIL confirmation with the 6:10am timestamp, their server must have been overloaded to the max.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yeah, the page was very slow and i had to reload it several times because the checkout button was not responding...and other pages before i could finally pay via PayPal. PayPal confirmation was at 6:15am before i got the VIRPIL confirmation with the 6:10am timestamp, their server must have been overloaded to the max.

As usual every restock day :D

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

This was the first time I tried to buy during a restock day. Is it normally like this?

usually yes, but its not always this quick to sell out. They have not had the T50 grip since the first of the year, so a lot of people were waiting for them. This was also the first stocking of the new T50 grip. they have brought up production quite a bit and the bases and other grips as well as the throttle are in stock longer. It can still be frustrating at times, i got the throttle and i am trying to get a base and grip.

I too have been trying to get one for over a year. Had one in the cart and lost it during checkout. Would have been fine with the gen 1 grip. Wonder if they have any in the back. I got so tired of waiting for the throttle so I started building my own. All machined steel and aluminum. LOL

School

Yep, the plastics and materials Virpil uses are great IMO. I do of course like the metal TM sticks still, in fact that's about the ONLY thing I like about TM after being on my 4th Warthog stick. I wouldn't say no to a Virpil metal stick, but they by no means need to make one IMO, their current stick quality is really fantastic, and I've been using the T50 since the week they released them, and put that first stick through the ringer. Still works, and mostly looks like new too.

Can't wait to see the new T50CM2 up close - I'm using a Cougar stick in one of my Warbrds, and even though that actually feels and works pretty decently, I really want that CM2 stick with the extra hat.

Systems

Virpil T50x2,T50CM2x2,Warbrd x2, VFX/Delta/CM2/Alpha/Tm Hornet sticks, VKB GF3, Tm Warthog(many), Modded Cougar, VKB Pedals/MFG Pedals/Slaw Viper RX+109Cam Pedals/Virpil T50+T50CM Throttle/CH Fightersticks/CH Throttles/CH peds, Index x1, Reverb x1

Virpil's grips are plastic. So are Glocks.

Yes but the gimbals are metal. I'm sure you knew that but felt the need to be contrary for some reason. You want a plastic transmission in you car because your Glock is plastic? Plastic has it's place. But, not in flight control gimbals and rudder pedals.

Edited by Wmacky

Yes but the gimbals are metal. I'm sure you knew that but felt the need to be contrary for some reason. You want a plastic transmission in you car because your Glock is plastic? Plastic has it's place. But, not in flight control gimbals and rudder pedals.

This entire thread is specifically about a plastic grip.

I actually glad I didn’t get this grip and I don’t mean to knock any buyers who got a CM2 because I own an original cm but I want the upgraded trigger. I’m going to hold out for that. The original trigger will probably last forever for most people but I’d still like the upgrade. Just my .02 cents.

This entire thread is specifically about a plastic grip.

Huh? Do you have some kinda of complex about having to be right?

The thread was also about the high demand for these items.

My comment was about the popularity of higher end flight controls, and the lack of participation by CH, and LT. It was just a simple comment. Why must you harp on it? Do you own that cheap gear and are offended?

If you love plastic that great. If you want to comment further there's the PM feature.

Edited by Wmacky

• 7 months later...
iv just got this and cant set the pov hats up in dcs, it just thinks its all 1 button, its the same for all the hats

Did you map all the grip buttons and hat in virpil software first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk