Is a Standard of measuring the DCS World performance possible?

I would like to make a performance comparison between my current GTX Titan and my next card, the RTX-2080 Ti.

Many many years ago, a Track-file has been included into the installation.

This could have been used for measuring the performance of DCS world (benchmark) with the own hardware and to compare the results with other users.

Could you please give me an advice what I can use for testing the performance of DCS World? (Many other games have a special function for testing that out...)

I can only find a track file from 2016: "Mi-8MTV2-TR-Vertical Takeoff Demo.trk" And it would only be usable for users who own the MI-8 license.....

I would like to make a performance comparison between my current GTX Titan and my next card, the RTX-2080 Ti.

Many many years ago, a Track-file has been included into the installation.

This could have been used for measuring the performance of DCS world (benchmark) with the own hardware and to compare the results with other users.

Could you please give me an advice what I can use for testing the performance of DCS World? (Many other games have a special function for testing that out...)

I can only find a track file from 2016: "Mi-8MTV2-TR-Vertical Takeoff Demo.trk" And it would only be usable for users who own the MI-8 license.....

You can download and run MSI Afterburner and set it to display onscreen details of cpu, gpu, and memory usage, as well as framerate. Or if you're just looking for framerate information you can hit ctrl+pause while in game to turn on the framerate counter.

But with afterburner you can set up an onscreen display that will show up in game, you can set it up to show CPU usage by individual core which could help identifying system bottlenecks.

It also allows you to overclock your gpu and set manual gpu fan speeds if you are so inclined and have knowledge on the subject, but I personally only use it to monitor temps and system usage while gaming from time to time.

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.  

Thanks for the answer but I am not searching for a possibility for getting the results (fps, CPU / GPU usage etc.). I already know these things.

I am searching for getting a Standard load in DCS world by using a special / official track file or by starting a DCS World Demo which is not playable but only playback.

Edited by GKOver

Thanks for the answer but I am not searching for a possibility for getting the results (fps, CPU / GPU usage etc.). I already know these things.

I am searching for getting a Standard load in DCS world by using a special / official track file or by starting a DCS World Demo which is not playable but only playback.

If you save the track, others can replay that exact same mission. I think that would work.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

I'm trying to do at least a repeatable set of test they are time consuming but it's at least kinda repeatable and at best only indicative.

One gotcha is the difference in CPU and GPU workload which varies from one situation position to another relative to built up areas (doesn't seem to have to be built up area in PG map?) the other observation is the variance of CPU and GPU usage of the different maps.

Settings and such also need to be constant between tests to be meaningful some maps have varying sensitivity to even small changes in PD value being one of those settings for VR.

Long story short I have done a series of tests with my current 1080Ti and will repeat these with the same settings as best I can when I have my damned expensive new 2080Ti.

My basic testing here.

Hopefully the GPU usage should be significantly lower with the 2080Ti meaning I can ramp up settings in theory at least.

But yes some method of getting some performance metrics would be good even just to use to see what level of performance we can expect in game under "standard settings and maps" or point out where we have deficiencies in our PC's this tweak and test across all maps is time consuming and as I say at best only indicative.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Yeah strange if there is no standard as it's a frequent issue to developer and player alike. I mean besides optimizing frequently, ED are also running a standard performance test to every build that has significant changes... they must be doing that right?

Some use low level flight in fixed wing in the center of Dubai as a stress test, the lowest scores are of interest there.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

Is there no Standard Trackfile, coming from Eagle, available?

Or: is there no benchmark function in DCS World?

The built-in Instant Action would suffice, no? It's the same track/setup for everyone.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

When doing these tests you should check to see if recorded tracks run faster than live gameplay. I can’t recall if this is the case with DCS. Run Fraps during your live mission and then again with the track and see if you get the same results. It’s possible that live physics and AI make your performance less than it will be during a simple recording

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...

I've been wondering about this exact same question for a while... I suspect the tracks would run faster as AI is not dynamic when replayed or is it? would be interesting to run a track file with lots of AI and then compare it a few times on Tacview to see if the AI was behaving in exactly the same way, you should be able to force some randomization be setting AI skill to random. If the track always behaves the same, you have your answer...

Windows 10 64 bit | Intel i5-9600k OC 5 Ghz | RTX 2080 |VENGEANCE® LPX 32GB DDR 4 OC 3200

Hotas Warthog | Logitech G Flight Rudder Pedals | Track IR 4