Incorrect stall behaviour (not a bug)

HWasp

Please see stall and spin characteristics described in the attached Mig-19S flight manual:

https://www.cia.gov/library/readingroom/docs/CIA-RDP80T00246A061400380001-8.pdf

page 95. and 96.

-238.:

"In case the pilot applies an abrupt pull on the stick, the aircraft drops it's nose to the right side. If the pilot keeps the stick full aft, the aircraft enters a left or right spin, even with aileron and rudder neutral."

-239.:

"If the aircraft drops it's speed while inverted, it may go into inverted spin or spiral once the stick is pushed full forward at 280-250 km/h indicated"

Page 98:

-241.: recovery: "Opposite rudder and after a 3/4 of turn stick full forward"

Current FM does not show these characteristics. See attached track in the linked post.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3818553&postcount=15

Edited by HWasp

Hi HWasp,

while the FM is begin worked on right now, including spin characteristics, I´d like you to understand something.

The document that you bring into question is from a MiG-19S and also, the actual aircraft the US was able to get in the 70ies was a Chinese J-6. While the MiG-19S and P share the same fuselage, the MiG-19P has a different weight distribution, hereby changing the CG of the aircraft and spin characteristics, so I would not follow a MiG-19S manual to the letter here.

That is understood, thank you for the answer!

Unfortunately that is the only manual, that I have found, but please note, that I am not trying to discuss some hard to notice small details, but larger issues, so in this case I am quite sure that the cited manual is still relevant.

Looking forward for the improvements! :)

Thank you!

Not a bug?

It is acknowledged by CptSmiley in the Various FM issues thread, that this is being worked on and is indeed not sufficiently modeled in the release version... And that is perfectly enough for me, but this is some strange communication.

Looking forward for the future improvements!

• 2 weeks later...

That seems to be an entirely different version of the MiG-19, not sure it's relevant. Unfortunately the thread has been closed for some unknown reason.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It hasn't been closed or you wouldn't be able to comment :)

As per the Bug section Rules, all Non and completed bugs are moved to stop the bug section being overrun but no or completed issues.

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

I just checked, it is closed - obviously I'm not talking about this thread, but the one linked above ;)

It's not a bug, but what looks like interesting information, however it is another version of the Farmer as I said above. Maybe it's why it was closed. That's why it would be interesting to indicate why a thread is closed (when it's not obvious).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

It's not a bug, but what looks like interesting information, however it is another version of the Farmer as I said above. Maybe it's why it was closed. That's why it would be interesting to indicate why a thread is closed (when it's not obvious).

IIRC, it was obvious at the time, as the Flight Model was *the* hot topic and lots of similar threads were being started simultaneously, discussing the MiG-19 flight model.

We have closed all other FM threads in this forum. If you want to discuss this issue, this is the thread for it.

On the Various FM Issues https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233759

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080