DCS P-51D QUESTIONS

Peyoteros

When will the DCS-P-51D Box Version be released ??????

cagrimes

Shortly after the P-51 gets released I would have thought.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

When will the DCS-P-51D Box Version be released ??????

cagrimes

I doubt you will see one. ED has indicated they have no intention of producing a box for BS2. If P-51 came out in a box then A-10 and BS-2 really should as well and then there is CA.

The new World format almost makes physical media a waste of time.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I doubt you will see one. ED has indicated they have no intention of producing a box for BS2. If P-51 came out in a box then A-10 and BS-2 really should as well and then there is CA.

The new World format almost makes physical media a waste of time.

Sorry cichlidfan - just for you info:

We need to get a final release candidate. Then submit to PEGI, ESRB and USK for age rating. Then go to manufacturing. I would say about 2 months after release candidate.

For the manufactured version only, it is planned to include a 45 minute video - Roaring Glory Warbirds - P51 Mustang.

Original Post

Martin...

Sorry cichlidfan - just for you info:

Original Post

Martin...

Cool, I'll buy one for the shelf if they produce it. I still don't see the point since the media will likely be obsolete by the time it hits the shelf. A-10 was out of date the day it was delivered in the US.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I throw my twocents.gif in:

The only thing that would really makes sense for ED/TFC (financial wise) about a Boxed DCS version is to release only DCS:World as boxed copy.

including a coupon to activate a DCS module of choice. (existing or upcoming)

Edited by PeterP

how to get controls to work in P-51?

CPU AMD FX 8350 * core @ 4.3 GHZ/Font

MOBO ASUSSabertooth 990FX R2.0/Font

RAM 16 GB Corsair Vengence 1600/Font

Graphics 6970 & 6950 xfire

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Controllers Warthog & Saitec Rudder

Track IR5 3 monitors 27" LCD and 2 10" VGA

real lack of info in your question ...but try loading default and go from there

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Sorry about including more info...I looked into config/controls ..found several lau files..one calledBase_joystick_binding.lau. That looks like the correct one for me as I have Warthog conyrollers... but can'tseem to find away to install it..first got a page to update all the DCS a/c in DCS world. Have boyj the A-10 and BS-2 simulators installed...I think I have gone "braindead"'''somr help for this old pilot:smilewink:

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Sorry about including more info...I looked into config/controls ..found several lau files..one calledBase_joystick_binding.lau. That looks like the correct one for me as I have Warthog conyrollers... but can'tseem to find a way to install it..first got a page to update all the DCS a/c in DCS world. Have both the A-10 and BS-2 simulators installed...I think I have gone "braindead"'''somr help for this old pilot::

HD 750GB @ 7200 RPM

SSD HD Intel x-25 160GB

SSD HD 2 240 GB

Win 7 Pro

Am I correct in that prop wash is NOT modeled? Will it be? I've been trying for a tail-slide but the nose drops way too quickly. No prop wash would account for that, I would imagine. Same for a Hammerhead. I've tried for a Lomcevak and I got close, but no cigar. Prop wash might help here, eh?

P9x79 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 3820 OC'd 4.0 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32 GB DDR3-2133 (4x 8GB), 2x GeForce GTX 680 SLI, Kingston 120 GB SSD, Crucial 256 GB SSD, CoolMaster 1.2 kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 24", Dynex 40", APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, Logitech G-13, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5000, TrackIR 4, Western Digital 1TB, 2TB and 3TB ext HD, FC2, A-10c, Ka-50, and P-51d.

Am I correct in that prop wash is NOT modeled? Will it be? I've been trying for a tail-slide but the nose drops way too quickly. No prop wash would account for that, I would imagine. Same for a Hammerhead. I've tried for a Lomcevak and I got close, but no cigar. Prop wash might help here, eh?

u want to lomcevak ? that is just brilliant :)

never tested it myself but this video shows prop wash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems kinda odd that for $40 for A-10 we got enemy vehicles the fit the time period while for the same price tag for the P-51 we get no other vehicles of that time to fight against.

I would really love to blow up some tigers, panzers, SdKfz 250s and SdKfz 251s... one can only dream I guess.

u want to lomcevak ? that is just brilliant :)

never tested it myself but this video shows prop wash

I guess that removes all doubt! Thanks Ali Fish. I did notice difficulties with tail slides and such. I am guessing the flight model can't deal much with negative air flow in its calculations. Or, I could just not be doing it right. (It's probably me: I'm lucky I know how light the afterburner...:no:

P9x79 Deluxe, Intel Core i7 3820 OC'd 4.0 GHz stable, Corsair H80 hydro cooler, G-Skill 32 GB DDR3-2133 (4x 8GB), 2x GeForce GTX 680 SLI, Kingston 120 GB SSD, Crucial 256 GB SSD, CoolMaster 1.2 kW PSU, Samsung 27", Samsung 24", Dynex 40", APC 1200 UPS, Logitech G-15, Logitech G-13, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Logitech Z5000, TrackIR 4, Western Digital 1TB, 2TB and 3TB ext HD, FC2, A-10c, Ka-50, and P-51d.

Seems kinda odd that for $40 for A-10 we got enemy vehicles the fit the time period while for the same price tag for the P-51 we get no other vehicles of that time to fight against.

I would really love to blow up some tigers, panzers, SdKfz 250s and SdKfz 251s... one can only dream I guess.

understand your thoughts. a-10 systems implementation was worth those funds. actually very cheap i believe. but there is a joy in the analogous nature of the p51, the legend. the cadillac of the sky. whilst we have all payed for the lovely content that it is. its the FM, its the window into feeling just what it is in what is turning out to be a superbly competant sim in most areas that i believe i payed for.

P51 is a sort of product test. for the dcs modules ethos. and also a chapter in the evolution of DCS alongside the modern day jet chapter and the crazy helicopter chapter. a proving ground if you will. and finnaly proven it is. well there a whole lot more chapters, but i see these as the fundamental ones. not proven yet i believe the A10 proves the avionics questions regards insim abbility. just need to take that further into the realms of true blind naviagtion with necessary systems.

and im very sure that from your dream your having you will wake up relativly sooner than later. metaphorically speaking on day 1 of FSX one may have cried for an addon suitable. on day 100 we were laughing our heads of with glee at all the goodness available. the movement by microsoft to flight, and knocking out the succesful 3rd party system has left a huge gap, an enormous window, a great chasm of amateur & professional potential ! one that will slowly be filled in our choice of simulator. this is why DCS has changed. what perfect timing too.

btw the addons you seek are for combined ops module addon for DCS imo. DCS:CO is not released yet. its right around the corner, youll see how worth it all this. but an expense it will be. in all realms of gaming, its this realm that should be well worth the expense it will be. bucks per hour is my background thought and in DCS theres no problems lol.

Edited by Ali Fish

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can I pre-order the boxed version and still get immediate access to the current beta version?

How would ED provide you with the key now that is going to be in the box that has not yet been produced?

How would ED provide you with the key now that is going to be in the box that has not yet been produced?

Well, I suppose that upon receipt of my pre-order, they could give me a beta key which would be disabled when the beta was over. I don't know if they do this, but it might possibly be done. Anyone know if they do?

Well, I suppose that upon receipt of my pre-order, they could give me a beta key which would be disabled when the beta was over. I don't know if they do this, but it might possibly be done. Anyone know if they do?

Once you purchase it you get everything..key and all...DCS-World/DCS-P51D Mustang..

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

The current system does not have a 'beta' key. The key you get with a pre-order is a full valid key that will always work even on the released version. I suspect there is no easy way to 'disable' a valid key.

The current system does not have a 'beta' key. The key you get with a pre-order is a full valid key that will always work even on the released version. I suspect there is no easy way to 'disable' a valid key.

Guys, sorry, I must not be phrasing my question very well. Here's what I'm thinking: I want to pre-order the game now, so that I can play the beta now, but I want the boxed copy (when it becomes available), rather than only the digital download. I don't want to have to purchase the digital version now, and then pay a second time for a boxed copy later. So, is there any way that I can have beta access now, but have my pre-order count for the boxed copy when the completed sim is released? Without buying it twice, I mean. Really, this is a question for an Eagle Dynamics representative. Whom should I contact about this?