..will DCS 1.5 still work after EOL?

pauldy

..I can't upgrade my PC for now, considering my wallet and bank account is not deep enough.. and that graphic cards here in my country cost around 500 to 1000 US Dollars..

...with DCS 2.5 just around the corner.. i would just like to ask if 1.5 would still work once ED stops supporting it..

Eventually, I know i'll have to replace my Rig...which was good enough 3 to 4 years ago... but just not within 2018...

Ill be content enough if DCS 1.5 would work even without the latest updates.. whilst i'd save up for the next PC i'd want to get... :)

Perhaps by the time i'd get a new rig... there'd be DCS F-15E or Gripen already ;) lol we wish... xD

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah probably, but it'll be in whatever state it was as of the last patch. Sort of like the old 1.2.16. You can still download and play it. Obviously MP might be quite dead though.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

I see.. hopefully it would be that way... I'm not really into Multiplayer as our internet speeds here are crap anyways.. so yeah..

I just like to have my F-15 fix whilst saving up for the next big PC purchase...

btw.. is the GTX1080 similar in performance to a GTX980?

I was thinking of purchasing earlier generations of XX70s or XX80s, instead of the current ones.. Perhaps it would lower the total cost, should I plan to procure a newer rig.. :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are guys still running pre-1.5.7 copies of the game, simply by not updating it (or running it off the dcs.exe rather than dcs_updater.exe to be safe), so as long as you don't reinstall the system with all the deactivation/activation shambles, I guess you'll be able to the use the older version OK, just without fixes and multiplayer capability.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Yeah probably, but it'll be in whatever state it was as of the last patch. Sort of like the old 1.2.16. You can still download and play it. Obviously MP might be quite dead though.

Grimes, how will performance in DCS 2.5 compare with 1.5?

There are guys still running pre-1.5.7 copies of the game, simply by not updating it (or running it off the dcs.exe rather than dcs_updater.exe to be safe), so as long as you don't reinstall the system with all the deactivation/activation shambles, I guess you'll be able to the use the older version OK, just without fixes and multiplayer capability.

You can still download pre-1.5 versions of DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

So you can revert back to 1.2 anytime if you want to.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

btw.. is the GTX1080 similar in performance to a GTX980?

From another thread:

Rough equivalents:

GTX 980 ~= GTX 1060, but 1060 has 6GB version

GTX 980 Ti ~= GTX 1070, but 1070 has 8GB, is slightly faster

GTX 1080 ~= older Titan cards

GTX 1080 Ti really has no equal! (and costs a small fortune)

- Tony -

. My Reviews: Oilfield Campaign - Argo Campaign l My Mission: Huey Ramp Start Voice-Over New!

. Microsoft Force Feedback 2 base modded with a CH Fighterstick - VKB Sim T-Rudder Mk.IV Pedals

. Intel i5 4670K @4.3 GHz - 32 Gb DDR3 - MSI GTX 1080 - ASUS PG278QR 27" 2K @165 Hz G-Sync

From another thread:

Rough equivalents:

GTX 980 ~= GTX 1060, but 1060 has 6GB version

GTX 980 Ti ~= GTX 1070, but 1070 has 8GB, is slightly faster

GTX 1080 ~= older Titan cards

GTX 1080 Ti really has no equal! (and costs a small fortune)

Thanks.

I guess i'll aim for 980 Ti or older Titans... unless I have big luck and win a lottery.. then 1080 Ti..

Exact plans are still being worked out, but we will probably still have 1.5 available, but not longer updated.

Thanks for the info.

I hope before 1.5 support ends.. some issues could be fixed... like the missing HSI distance in the Eagle, weird overcast cloud color (top), etc..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 6 months later...

It still works, but will new modules work in it?

Until some weeks ago, in DCS' website, in Home > Products > Planes something like "you need DCS 1.5 or 2.5" was written aside the name of each module except the Hornet and maybe some others. Now I read, instead, "If the product description does not have information about which DCS World version you should install, you only need to have the "Stable" version DCS World 2.5 installed on your PC.", so I guess that, if I buy the Harrier like I had planned, it won't work in my 1.5.8 version... .

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

• ED Team
It still works, but will new modules work in it?

No,

new modules are not backward compatible. They are released to the latest build only and supported onward as DCSWorld is updated.

examples of modules released and what the minimum version is

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2346597&postcount=3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thank you for your reply.

So, if I got it right and according to the news, the Harrier module was released on the 29th of November 2017:

BETA

1.5.8 BETA RELEASE / AV-8B Early Access Release / ED Keyless DRM

1.5.8 Update Change Logs

11-29-2017

My version is the number 1.5.8.12823.414, so it should support that release.

Is there a way to buy the Harrier (or other modules preceding 2.5) and download an old release?

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer