Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

Red won - map reset

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Imho airbases need less fuel. Blue upped in masses from kobuleti yesterday. They did eventually run out of fuel but I think it was a bit to long. All fighter slots were taken. Guys lost lives, logged off then a new guy joined rinse and repeat. This went on for a whole 3 hours. Sometime on the third hour they finally ran out. No one was doing fue runs.

I think the fuel number in tons is close but maybe just a bit less. Red had no problems with fuel because we had much fewer players on. Blue had 35 and every slot in kobuleti was taken. It was a good test for the fuel system.

Sad thing was, when they ran out they all logged off. Maybe need to add more p51 slots but only let one slot or only choppers to call in bombers

I have mixed feelings about AI.

For Red, it kills SA

For Blue, it will take away their limited m2000 missles.

My concern is adding all them units to blue/red might not be good for performance. Seems like we are getting close to the max units your going to want in mission. I would still like to see some airfields taken away and be put as neutral where either side could use it for rearm/refuel.

Yeah, airquakers don't like flying 100NM+ from Tbilisi to the front. Wouldn't be a problem when they would've started thinking about fuel management from the beginning. When I was GCI I ordered/asked people to fly with minimum fuel to another airfield when their starting point was low on gas and their way to the front was 60NM+.

Imho airbases need less fuel. Blue upped in masses from kobuleti yesterday. They did eventually run out of fuel but I think it was a bit to long. All fighter slots were taken. Guys lost lives, logged off then a new guy joined rinse and repeat. This went on for a whole 3 hours. Sometime on the third hour they finally ran out. No one was doing fue runs.

I think the fuel number in tons is close but maybe just a bit less. Red had no problems with fuel because we had much fewer players on. Blue had 35 and every slot in kobuleti was taken. It was a good test for the fuel system.

Sad thing was, when they ran out they all logged off. Maybe need to add more p51 slots but only let one slot or only choppers to call in bombers

Should we make registering for BlueFlag an online submission process rather than just a "-red" or "-blue"? This might drive people to read the FAQ and drive casual players away?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People not showing up or just not committing to a test round should not be a factor to decision making. Balance for live rounds is something that should never happen. It's a 3 to 1 ratio for BLUEFOR. This is not only realistic but inevitable. I certainly do enjoy such a target rich environment, I must say.

AI Interceptors are a waste of good missiles and a nightmare for Helos too, since they see through Mountains, buildings and maybe your soul cause it will engage you even with your engines off on the ground.

#I've been dreaming about an unlicensed version of the MIG-31...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AI Interceptors are a waste of good missiles and a nightmare for Helos too, since they see through Mountains, buildings and maybe your soul cause it will engage you even with your engines off on the ground.

I totally forgot about ai and helos. No to AI haha!

I'll probably wait the first few days on live to see which way the wind is blowing and then join the underdog team. I prefer a target rich environment.

Even last night, flying 1 v 5 + GCI, I still had fun. Don't get me wrong, I got plenty frustrated when a MiG21 snuck up on me and stabbed me in the kidneys, TWICE! But I was definitely having fun and wanting to get into the fight to try and take on that challenge.

Unfortunately, a lot of BLUFOR log on, see 13 v 2 numbers and just punch out. If they stayed on, we'd end up having even or better numbers (I saw at least 10 pop in then back out when they saw the scoreboard).

By the way, I had an amazing fight last night with some of you. One of you bastages shot my F15 with an IR (I think) missile, killed my electronics (no radar, no HUD), but I kept in the fight and got one of your Su25Ts with a boresight sidewinder and ALMOST got the Su27 that I think shot me initially, but the boresight tone didn't stay locked long enough and I missed with the guns (guessing with no reticle). But I got away and headed to Batumi, which was under attack, and I killed the Mi8 and damaged the Ka-50 attacking before finally getting shot down. Huge fun!

Come on! What's with refueling the Flanker starting with 0% fuel?! At least it was 20% which was frustrating enough and now this -_-

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

'target rich environment' :D

+1

Bluefor don't use logistic feedback. Everybody wants to hunt for targets and few use choppers to drop stuff around. This server is all about teamwork and Redfor does it better. Red conquered area from Sochi to Senaki in 1 day. Great sync and fast role switching - key to success.

Redfor rules this test round. :thumbup:

@Ciribob: I noticed that Redfor has 5 Mig29S slots (1 at Anapa and 4 at Krymsk) so that should be at least like 4+4 and little closer to the central area of conflict zone. Mig21 is 3.rd gen fighter that should fight F5s not M2Ks on frontline so half should be replaced by Mig29s.

Come on! What's with refueling the Flanker starting with 0% fuel?! At least it was 20% which was frustrating enough and now this -_-

Still faster than a Mirage with INS-Alignment which a Flanker would have to do as well if it would be a realistic module.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Should we make registering for BlueFlag an online submission process rather than just a "-red" or "-blue"? This might drive people to read the FAQ and drive casual players away?

TJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has been discussed several times before and it was concluded that BlueFlag is a public event on purpose, to close the gap between professional and casual players. IMHO that's a good thing.

Uhh...Mirage doesn't need to do INS alignment. It's an option in the special tab of DCS options menu.

I somehow was under the impression that this is a singleplayer thing or is server-controlled in MP. Guess it is not, which would explain some things... :(

Anyways, the A-10C needs alignment and although it's not a fighter I'm pretty sure it will be the same with the Hornet and other future fighter modules. I don't understand why there is such a cheat for the M2000C and it certainly shouldn't be an example for the FC3 fighters.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they've given up due to the debating that resulted in red team getting yet again more tools to "balance" whatever it is this time the red-only players felt they needed to be competitive.

Just the other week one of the prominent blue players stated in server that "you guys are turning this into another 104th with all this complaining about changes. I'm outta here" or something to that effect. Haven't seen him since.

I'm red this round and I don't even feel like playing on BF because of the team disparity brought on by this. This slippery slope is what I was talking about, you guys.

I don't understand why there is such a cheat for the M2000C and it certainly shouldn't be an example for the FC3 fighters.

It's not a cheat, not really. Think about it. The M2000C is an interceptor primarily. The plane works just fine without the INS in the role most people use it online. Even if you made it a server only option, you could simply not turn it on and fly and fight (in the A2A role) just fine without it.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

It's not a cheat, not really. Think about it. The M2000C is an interceptor primarily. The plane works just fine without the INS in the role most people use it online. Even if you made it a server only option, you could simply not turn it on and fly and fight (in the A2A role) just fine without it.

That's not what this option does. It makes your INS aligned without alignment. What you mean is something different: Taking off with a non-aligned INS.

The latter is technically possible IRL, but still operationally unrealistic because interceptors pre-align their INS, put it to standby, wait for the alert and then re-activate the INS. In case of the M2000, there is a dedicated switch for this purpose.

To make it short: That setting is a cheat, because it allows you to skip alignment and still have a aligned INS which is not possible IRL. That's the reason why FC3 fighters have to refuel.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yes it allows you to align your INS immediately so in that regard it's a cheat. Im saying, so what? If you made it a server only option, people would just fly without an aligned INS. It's not like most of us don't know the Caucassus map by now, like the back of our hand.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be surprised if they've given up due to the debating that resulted in red team getting yet again more tools to "balance" whatever it is this time the red-only players felt they needed to be competitive.

Just the other week one of the prominent blue players stated in server that "you guys are turning this into another 104th with all this complaining about changes. I'm outta here" or something to that effect. Haven't seen him since.

I'm red this round and I don't even feel like playing on BF because of the team disparity brought on by this. This slippery slope is what I was talking about, you guys.

Part of the imbalance could be because people wanted to fly the Flanker with DL. Its new. Give a it a few testing rounds and lets see how it shakes out. Im betting a lot of it is because it is something new and people either A) want to try it, or B) are afraid of it because they have not flown against it before in BF.

TLDR: Just give it time for testing and lets see if the players numbers balance back out.

Yes it allows you to align your INS immediately so in that regard it's a cheat. Im saying, so what? If you made it a server only option, people would just fly without an aligned INS. It's not like most of us don't know the Caucassus map by now, like the back of our hand.

Interesting. When we had the debate about turning off F10 map icons (except for GCI) to force players to actually navigate and make use of the respective nav systems of their aircraft there were two main arguments against it:

1) Proper navigation without magic F10 symbols is too difficult for most users.

2) It makes teamplay and coordination difficult.

What you just said means that #1 was actually not an issue. I wonder why so many people have mentioned it then.

Tornado3 small.jpg

.... I wonder why so many people have mentioned it then.

If I recall correctly the full story was that the FC aircrafts can't use nav systems unless the flight plan has been created in mission editor.

For all others it shouldn't be an issue.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all