P-51D in DCS 2.0.1 Nevada Problem

chuckgrimes

I just thought of something I tried to ADD On to my DCS 2.0 NTTR a few months ago

that might have caused this problem. I tried to install a third party Graphics Enhancer

software program. I couldn't get it to work like I seen others ON You Tube had success.

I screwed around with a lot of in game files so maybe that did it How involved would it be

to deactivate DCS 2.0 NTTR + Modules and Programs then reinstall a fresh DCS 2.0 NTTR ?

Chuck

Well that's a long shot but if you want to repair the DCS Alpha NTTR copy, just go the your start menu, all apps, Eagle Dynamics, and select/run "Repair DCS World 2 OpenAlpha".

The installation will detect whatever files have been altered from "stock" and download/replace them.

Just curious, what graphics enhancer did you install?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I can't offer you any tips because I'm totally confused regarding the problem your having and "what you're thinking about doing". If the repair didn't solve whatever it is, then I'm at a loss.

Big stick is delete the installation and reinstall.

Edit: I went back and looked at your original post and the screenshots. The Map is not moving. Your plane is drifting right. You need to continually trim and correct the line of flight of a prop plane as you decrease speed. Look at the landing tutorials posted here and on U-tube. It looks to me that there is a cross wind or quartering wind that is taking you off course. All it takes is a mild wind to do that.

I looked at the landing mission in the ME and there is a 4M/second wind blowing to the East 20M above ground level. That's more than enough to cause your plane to drift to the right at low power settings and at low altitude. The TF-51 is the same animal in this respect.

No mystery, wind is causing you to drift to the right and off line from the runway. The earth is not moving.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Yes, it's a cross wind and it can be changed in the Mission Editor to zero or whatever value you want and from whatever direction.

Open the mission in the ME and click on the "Weather" button on the left side tool bar. you'll see wind velocity and direction for three elevations on the Weather block that opens in the left.. I believe they are 20M, 2000M and 8000M. You should see 4m/sec for the 20M entry. Change that to 1M/sec.

You open the ME from the menu on the right side of the main splash screen. When it opens, you'll see the NTTR map. There is a tool bar on top. The leftmost button is Open. That will give you a menu (directory) that depicts the missions. The P-51D entry is on the left side. highlight that and in the right pane will be a directory. Select "Quickstart" and the p-51D Landing mission. That will load the mission.

Problems, read the manual under Docs in the DCS World Alpha directory.

Edit: I just looked at the mission that BIGNEWEY posted here for you and it has zero wind. So, if your drifting right on your approach in that mission, it's because your not correcting for torque taking the plane to the right.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Hello

Well since talking to you I changed my Landing procedure a little,well I should say a lot :-)))

I notice I've be coming in with to high of Eng. RPM. I just made a couple successful landings

by backing off the Eng. RPM and I took off AUTO RUDDER. So I'll work on my new Technique

and send you a Track when I have a decent one :-))).

Thanks

BIGNEWY

I think the problem has been between the headphones all the while, I've been making

my final approaches with to higha Engine RPM. I also turn off "Auto Rudder" and then

made a couple successful landings. I'll try and change my landing procedure and see

what happens.

Chuck

• ED Team
BIGNEWY

I think the problem has been between the headphones all the while, I've been making

my final approaches with to higha Engine RPM. I also turn off "Auto Rudder" and then

made a couple successful landings. I'll try and change my landing procedure and see

what happens.

Chuck

PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair) ;)

Good to see you may have a solution :)

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It will automatically upgrade itself with the next update for DCS 1.5 release branch, or it already has - for folks who used the latest update for DCS 1.5 beta branch.

Same routine as with all other DCS products really.

P.S. - OK, one exception, the 2.0 version hasn't been updated I believe.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team

correct the update is currently in the open beta, ED will most likely wait a short time to make sure no major issues are found by beta participants and then push the patch to the public release version.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2