Just bought WWII Assets Pack & Normandy

Good evening aces

I just bought WWII Assets Pack & Normandy and was able to successfully install it, however, if I go into the game and want to start a mission, I do not see/ find the WWII assets pack under modules. I clearly find Normandy and can even fly the SU 33 on it as various trainings or 1on1, however, I cannot find as mentioned my WWII Assets Pack under "Mission" or "Campaigns" or "Instant Mission". However, it seems that I clearly downloaded und successfully installed it. Am I missing something?

Is this module somehow not available to play or I have to buy something in addition. I bought it mainly because I was hoping to fly the bomber and try the ship or infantry men or the tanks.

Can anyone please help?

Best regards

Hi

If you have the WWII Asset Pack installed correctly, you can view the units in the encyclopedia, as well as place them in the mission editor. They aren't sectioned off from the more modern units when in the drop- down menu in the mission editor. You need to identify the units out of recognition of their names.

Under the country setting "Third Reich", there are multiple armored ground units and anti-air units. Start with those.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Keep in mind that Assets Pack consists of AI units only to populate the map. It's also required for some campaigns and missions. You won't be able to operate these units, however. Well, maybe you can drive some tanks if you own Combined Arms module as well, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Honestly, I just started playing this game in April, so I do not have any idea about what and how to play it. I only have modern jets so far and by buying the WWII Assets Pack, I thought I could fly a bomber or drive a tank or ship. Was I wrong about this?

Thank you

Honestly, I just started playing this game in April, so I do not have any idea about what and how to play it. I only have modern jets so far and by buying the WWII Assets Pack, I thought I could fly a bomber or drive a tank or ship. Was I wrong about this?

Thank you

Not to be rude, but these are questions that would have been answered by a simple search through the forums, or even just reading the description of what exactly you bought...easily.

At the moment, as specified, all units are AI. Bombers are not flyable, and WWII ground units are not under the influence of CA control. At the present moment, it is an entirely AI unit pack, uncontrollable by the player.

The ability to control WWII ground units with CA is planned. Not sure when, maybe not even this year, but at some point ground units will be controllable by the player.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The asset pack is AI. They can be placed into missions and carry out assigned movement and tasking. You can see them do this on the map and in the 3D world, settings permitting.

With Combined Arms you can issue them orders from the F10 map. You can not enter the unit inside the 3D world as you can with some of the modern units. I guess that makes them partially Combined arms, compatible at this time.

The planes you fly are modules you buy.

Hi, in the recent Steam sale I bought the Normandy and Assets Pack bundle and I can't see the WWII Assets in the encyclopedia and according to some multiplayer servers I don't have it installed. I checked it and according to Steam I have it installed, but even after a reinstall I don't see the Assets pack in game. I'm using the current Open Beta version.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

If you bought it from ED not Steam, it won't work with Steam. Same as all modules.

Yes I bought it through ED, not steam..but is shows I need the asset pack...strange yet it shows it is installed..:doh:

[/Table]

Recruiting for Aerobatic Team/Fighter Group...

After todays update the assets pack appears in my encyclopedia and I'm able to use the assets. I haven't tried any WWII servers as those don't seem to have moved to the new version yet, but it looks like the problem is solved.