A simple question, simple answer.

goodspeed

I bought Normandy with the asset pack this is soon 1 year. My question is very simple. When will I be able to fully benefit from my investment?

I7-7700 4.2Ghz/32 Go RAM

HDD 1To /7200

Nvidia RTX 2070 8Go RAM

Win10 Pro 64 on SSD 256Go

DCS on SSD 500Go NVMe

Saitek X52Pro / Palonnier Saitek Pro-Flight / Trackir 5

VR Rift S

If you mean, when can you install them, if you download and install 2.5.0 Open Beta you can install and use them there.

If you mean, when can you install them in the Release version, once 1.5.x Release updates to 2.5.0 Release you will be able to install and use them.

When that will be I don't know... *ahem* two more weeks? :huh: ... :D

Actually, from ED's January 2018 plan, 2.5 Release was supposed to already have been released by now, so your guess is as good as any.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

I think OP would like to know when we can expect the rest of the advertised asset units and Normandy map changes to come, because no matter how one looks at it, the fact is after about a year, we're still pretty much where we were back then.

Thus, even though the WWII part of DCS technically cannot be called "vapourware", as meager snippets of WIP content are being shown every now and then in the Newsletter to make us WWII customers shut up, the whole thing gives impression of being treated like an unwanted child.

So, the simple answer to the simple question is - it's done when it's done, and nobody can estimate that, probably including ED.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Things take a long time with DCS. This is a "sad" fact about many aspects of DCS World.

I remember Wags saying the F-18 is imminent more than 2 years back.

Many other modules are also unfinished, still in beta for a long time or have unfixed bugs that have been around ever since the introductions of 2.0 open alpha.

While I really hope all of these things are fixed and completed sooner rather than later, I'd suggest not to get depressed about it. This is the nature of DCS and the sheer scope of DCS is now much more impressive than just a few years back.

There are two working campaigns out for the Normandy map, so it already provides a gameplay experience.

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

I bought Normandy with the asset pack this is soon 1 year. My question is very simple. When will I be able to fully benefit from my investment?

is not an investment... you just bought something... you know... like a TV... maybe not the best, maybe not perfect but for sure not one that brings you money.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

is not an investment... you just bought something... you know... like a TV... maybe not the best, maybe not perfect but for sure not one that brings you money.

Thi might be a language thing.. but the word "investment" is not only used to refer to assets that provide a financial return. People can "invest" in their own happiness, or they can "invest" in relationships. So yes, spending money on a hobby can comfortably be referred to in English as an "investment".

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Remember WW2 (and Normandy) has a permanent evolution, the AI assets and other features has not a "finished" date, actually has only a little "branch" of WW2, and surely ED and Ugla Media get more content with them done.

And I guess that was exactly what the OP - and not only him - would like to know: when will we actually see any of this additional content in our sims at home?

Modules: all, except for the Dora

My missions: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Don rudi/apply/

Primary system: i7-13700k, RTX 4080, 32 GB, Win 11, Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha with 5cm extension, Virpil CM2 throttle, Virpil Ace Interceptor pedals, Virpil Rotor TCS base + Blackshark grip, Winwing Triple MFD and ICP, 34" UWHQD screen
Acer Nitro i7-10700, RTX 3060, 64 GB, Virpiel Rotor TCS base + Blackhawk grip, Virpiel Ace Torq pedals, 34" UWHQD screen

And I guess that was exactly what the OP - and not only him - would like to know: when will we actually see any of this additional content in our sims at home?

In two weeks...

• 2 weeks later...

Good questions. I’ve also spent a bit of money on dcs ww2 and would like to know when all those assets promised will arrive. P47, Me262, etc.

I won’t buy any other dcs modules until this situation becomes clearer.

Many thanks.

Good questions. I’ve also spent a bit of money on dcs ww2 and would like to know when all those assets promised will arrive. P47, Me262, etc.

I won’t buy any other dcs modules until this situation becomes clearer.

Many thanks.

That's a different question, for an entirely different thread. The P-47 and the Me-262 are not part of the WW2 asset pack, but will be sold as separate modules as and when they are ready.

We don't have a date for any releases or updates, and we never will. ED will simply announce a pre-release sale, and you'll still not know when they'll be released.

For example, we have the pre-purchase underway for the F/A-18C and as yet our only real timeline is "at the end of spring".

If you don't like the release timelines, and announcements, then I guess you're in the wrong marketplace. My best advice is to wait until the full release has been completed before you make a purchase. Otherwise, you are simply going to have to accept the status quo, because that is the nature of things in DCS World. Quality takes time.

Everything here takes twice as long as any reasonable estimate. It's going to be a long ride, so relax check back in 2019.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

A bit of revisionist history going on here. Remember, WWII was *not* and ED thing. It was a kickstarter project. When it was abandoned, ED stepped in and rescued it. So a project of that magnitude being thrust on ED put a crimp on other projects. As a KS backer of WWII, I for one am glad that ED picked up the WWII project.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Indeed. It is nice to have the Normandy. I am fiddling around with ME right now to figure out on how to place objects.

In World Editor for X-Plane this is much easier. You can see the objects and accurately place them.

Once this is done, we can start building BoB missions. I really don't get "Adlertag" ready of the airbases are not nicely done.

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

WW2 Assets

When will we be able to put bombs in the B-17s? What good are all the bombers, if you can't arm them?

" I Know You Understand What You Think I Said...But I Am Not Sure You Realize... That What You Heard....Is Probably.... Not What I Meant. ":pilotfly:

• 1 month later...

For as long as I can remember, you've been able to "arm" the B-17's with bombs. But regardless, you can do it now, and that is all that counts.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1