DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Release being updated for F/A-18C with "Adjusted pullup cue and Break X logic."

Yeah thanks a lot this to me not being a pilot of any kind didn't feel right, it was either too late or did not show up at all or sometimes kept showing and the sounds "power power" were rarely heard.

I'll see how it feels now!

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear pilots,

With the DCS: MiG-19P Farmer by RAZBAM Simulations to be released this Friday, 1 March 2019, we will be shifting our Open Beta release to Friday this week instead of the usual Wednesday. A benefit of this is that we’ll now have time to also release an eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature! Let the speculation run wild!

Sincerely,

The Eagle Dynamics Team

So what could this be? Dedicated Servers?

I'd expect the dedicated server as well, but personally I'd much rather have this fixed, ideally before the Tomcat arrives fsgrin.png

I'm not flying much anymore since not being able to click in the cockpit every now and then really kills it as it occurs right amidst a mission, not at the beginning fluttershysad.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

I am still anxiously awaiting and looking forward to any VR Performance improvements that were mentioned as coming some time ago now.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

So lets the speculations go wild, this Friday - DCS Dynamic Campaign engine. Thank you!

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

I hope its gonna be vulkan api

other than that I see no other advantages in tersm of performance, oh and well the dedicated server would be awesome as well.

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

So lets the speculations go wild, this Friday - DCS Dynamic Campaign engine. Thank you!

That would be way too good to be true.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

No matter what the update is, the DCS documentation need a overhaul!

Documentation is overrated. I work in a 115k users multinational company, in IT. Our latest documentation updated is from beginning 2015 ;)

I am in favor if releasing the F-14 and F-16 tomorrow without any documentation

Edited by muehlema

X-Plane 11.5x / DCS 2.5.6 / P3Dv5 / Aerofly FS 2 / War Thunder

Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 Maximus VI | Intel i7-9700K @3.6GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | 2TB M2 PCI 4x | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S

I'm expecting DCS Cows tomorrow! muhaha :lol:

If that happens, the DCS-community will split quite nicey between those that die laughing and those that has an ABSOLUTE aneurysm out of utter rage :P

It would be glorious :megalol:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Documentation is overrated. I work in a 115k users multinational company, in IT. Our lats documentation updated is from beginning 2015 ;)

I am in favor if releasing the F-14 and F-16 tomorrow without any documentation

So you reached perfection in 2015, so everything remains the same xd xd

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Now *that* would be too good to be true.

Well Vulcan is a really long time in develop state and all about performance..and what want the most members at prio 1. Yep, performance! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Well I still find the BREAK X GCAS to be way too late, much different than A10-C, if it's meant that way then sure but I have doubts, I'm not sure if I noticed the change yet.

Regarding the coming update:

I was just playing in editor any I thought how handy would that be:

EDITOR: Unit Properties: New Button: Apply settings to all units in group.

or

EDITOR: Multiselect box units/groups with mouse.

But it's probably something larger given it got a special mention. There's so many smaller things that would make a heck of a lot of difference, selecting multiple groups with SHIFT+LEFTCLICK takes patience as it has to be precise and if you miss it deselects everything.

It's probably not Vulkan API as engine components usually aren't called a feature. It could be new ATC. I thought of a few more ideas I didn't at the time of writing the wishlist stuff, briefly, I hope ATC would also have some self-awareness by calling and doing radio checks if you fail to respond or you abruptly don't land/proceed to landing without confirming that you aborted the attempt, any maybe even ATC PSA chatter like (another freq only hear if tuned to), like "Tonopah Tower: We just had a crash in the inner/outter airport perimeter, looks like it was an F-15C"

Inner perimeter is the airport grounds usually visually recognized by fencing/road/tree-line, outter perimeter would be like the radius of 2000 meters for example. Approach perimeter would be the radius of like some educated guess of some let's say 50-100 km radius or a bit more?

So if there's an airplane missing for mysterious reason and had an open procedure with ATC, the ATC could, after doing the radio checks to that aircraft, also announce PSA and even contact other known aircraft if they see or know about the missing one also in the airport approach perimeter

I'm not sure how useful for actual gameplay would be this part, as if you would spend time finding that aircraft, (maybe you can confirm it crashed) ... well the ATC could, depending on airfield give some last known position and some primary radar

ATC could as well figure out the airplane was blown apart due to seeing primary radar evidence and announce a PSA on the frequency about a possible aircraft incident and reporting last known location, now you might choose to go there if you're curious, but you don't have to, that would add depth without being too annoying, and you could turn PSA's off completely in the options.

These are all the prerequisites to a good future SAR system, ATC, Radars and Comms/Relays are a big part of SAR.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

A few hours to go... I can't wait!!!! :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

Wing vortex

No way. read carefully. "release an eagerly awaited new Eagle Dynamics feature!" :D