Newbee question

I’m wanting to load up dcs world 2.5 on my backup laptop since it will be easier to physically move since it’s not connected to everything like my primary dcs machine.

My question is I’m going to use this for testing purposes for multiplayer and or missions.

If understand correctly the server is require to own the additional aircraft mods just the player needs it on their side is the same true for terrain maps?

That way I can build complete missions on it save to an assessable location for both machines if it’s a single player mission if not I’ll just run it from the server for map missions.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 month later...

You are good to start, You just need a differnt account with the maps that you want to play, no Aircraft Modules is required to run a server. You can Add any modules you want to your mission without any problem.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!